Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
I actually thought I was going to get to sleep just now and my phone went off...Fire department Twittered (how weird is that?) that there is a fire atop my canyon! So on with the jeans and shoes, outside I go, up go the fire trucks..I don't smell or see a thing!
We have had very cool nights and good humidity this summer so I am hopping whatever pothead started it gets caught and they get it put out ASAP.

2manyhats

Familiar Face
Honey Bee said:
I actually thought I was going to get to sleep just now and my phone went off...Fire department Twittered (how weird is that?) that there is a fire atop my canyon! So on with the jeans and shoes, outside I go, up go the fire trucks..I don't smell or see a thing!
We have had very cool nights and good humidity this summer so I am hopping whatever pothead started it gets caught and they get it put out ASAP.
WOW!lol good thing you didn't hit the sack then!

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Yeah. I just went outside again and no smoke or "glow' that I can see and no more engines called out. Kids go up and try to drive the road up there and take "shortcuts", end up getting stuck or hurt or they start a bonfire and think nothing of it...wonder how they'd like me to start a bonfire in their backyard!
Oh well, maybe the sleepys will return soon [huh]

I don't know how young people stay awake till all hours...my oldest son loves working the graveyard shift...I even go to bed on New Years Eve by 9!
(I celebrate with the Aussies :) )

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I remember staying out all night, five out of seven days...getting in at 3 or 4am....grabbing some sleep then running PT in the morning....

Now as a second shifter I can easily sleep until 10 or 11 without even thinking about it.

Hope everything is alright on your part of the world. Be smart, be careful!!;)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well folks, three hours and change until i'm done with this shift and off to blessed sleep. Thank goodness.

Bee, nice to hear your house was not threatened.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
2manyhats said:
Hopefully my first year of college won't be a total work load. I just found out today I have met all the necessary requirements...

I envy you these college years.
May I recommend Alan Bloom's The Closing of The American Mind
for your consideration if unfamiliar?
Your campus tenure will be immeasurably enriched.
...und viel gluck. ;)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Unfortunely, I cannot see the meteor shower tonight, I'm in the only place with actual light pollution... thank you parking lot lights.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
I've got brunch in the morning with a psychologist. The best part is that I'm not paying her and she's cute :rolleyes:

For now, I'm watching MASH and relaxing. It's been a long day between volunteering and catching up on some work. It sucks being the boss sometimes...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
You best watch out, she'll be cracking your words apart like an egg if you are not careful, I can speak from experience... well, I dated a psych major.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Mr Vim said:
Unfortunely, I cannot see the meteor shower tonight, I'm in the only place with actual light pollution... thank you parking lot lights.

Lived there, done that.

I got a fantastic look at the meteor shower the other night... I couldn't have a gotten a better display of light show at Disneyland ;)
and it was in the mid-70s @ night here as well:)

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
You best watch out, she'll be cracking your words apart like an egg if you are not careful, I can speak from experience... well, I dated a psych major.

better to learn that stuff in school than in real life though, lucky her. but yeah that would scare me

working nights again are you?

LordBest

Practically Family
Its great for that, isn't it? Ive played through Normal and Hard difficulty and currently working my way through Brutal (which is suitably brutal).
Up to 2am watching Mad Men, made the mistake of firing up Starcraft II before I checked what time it was.

Diamondback said:
Could be worse... try having actually been a psych student yourself and thus seeing multiple meanings and intentions behind everything everybody says.

Looks like insomnia plus StarCraft II addiction means another sleepless night...

----------------
Now playing: Various - Wings of Liberty
via FoxyTunes

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Derek WC said:
Any of you hep kats and wolves up at this hour?

Edit:
That answer's my question, posted while I was.

A-oooooo, Werewolves of London! It's 2 a.m., I'm wide awake, and as I have a day off tomorrow and nothing planned, I reckon I'll be howling 'til dawn gets a foothold. I love the wee hours...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot