Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

Mr Vim

One Too Many
It is tough switching from one schedule to another. I rotate through ngiht shifts once a month but mostly work days... going onto night shifts is not bad at all, stay up late and sleep in, but switching back to days is plain old murder.

And I am on a night shift right now as I type this... its only 2330 here, but aside from Hawaii no one else is up right now.

juup

New in Town
although its a little before 0800 here now, i'm very much out of my element. I'm a freelance author of late and find that in the still quiet of the predawn hours i get more done. All I need is my pipe, a little bit of Glenn Miller and a nice cup of joe and i can write till the sun is peeking up from behind Sandia Peak. If I try and write during the day I'll end up walking down to Model pharmacy and having a reuben and a few egg creamers and not get anything done.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Term papers, (*shudders*) there's an excuse for burning the midnight oil if I ever heard one. This is nearly my last night shift for a while, three more and then I'll be on vacation for a month, thank the good lord.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
2:42 here & wondering why there are no good movies on right now (even on TCM)!!

I should try to write something other than this forum post, but ... yeah. Naively I think to myself: "I'll just sleep in later" but I know I'll still wake up at 6 & then have to nap in the afternoon. Even w/ coffee...

Talk about messed up hours. ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm still up, it's 1:38 AM over here, and I'm trying to finish my English research paper. It must be turned in tomorrow... I have three or four more pages to go...

Tatum

Practically Family
Like you said Mr Vim, it's not the late nights but rather the switch back to "normal" hours that's the kicker...
Tatum, [if you don't mind my asking] what kind of job has you up from 1am-3am?

Days later... Roving, no job of any kind keeps me up late. I am just trying to get on a "normal" schedule. I am a freelance graphic artist and I help my hubby with his cigar business. The occasional late night event keeps me up somewhat late, but usually it's just because I like to stay in bed until lunchtime! I like to get up early, but I hate to get out of bed, and end up falling back asleep. Which in turn keeps me up really late. :p

Rue, I know you're up, you just commented on one of my posts in another thread.... :)

Tatum

Practically Family
HA.... yes I am :D

I'm up late because I have my sneaky teenage daughter's friend here that I don't trust lol Although I'm usually up this late on the weekends anyway.

Ooh, sounds like loads of fun. I am just coming down from being on the road all day :p

Exactly! I get all excited. For once I won't be the only one with 50's hair going on either haha!

Oh my gosh... Fitting in? Wow, I have almost forgotten what that feels like ;)

Tatum

Practically Family
Oh yes... it's just AWESOME :rolleyes: I was a nightmare teenager so I know what can happen if I go to sleep. The problem is that I'm so old now I can barely keep my eyes open much less be alert to any goings on :p

What were you doing on the road?

Helping the hubby out. He had to run some work errands... We went to Orlando today, which is about three hours north of us. Now I am bidding on vintage patterns on eBay... Dangerous.

How come you don't like your daughter's friend? (And good grief, sometimes I wish the Lounge had a chat room...)

rue

Helping the hubby out. He had to run some work errands... We went to Orlando today, which is about three hours north of us. Now I am bidding on vintage patterns on eBay... Dangerous.

How come you don't like your daughter's friend? (And good grief, sometimes I wish the Lounge had a chat room...)

That IS dangerous, especially at night :eeek: I'm not even veering in that direction lol

She's trouble. I knew it the minute I met her, but then found out more... apparently she likes to hack onto computers at school, among other things. Found that out tonight after she had already been picked up. to come stay the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy