Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No hats in Banks

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Guns guns everywhere?

Good Lord!!! As Bogie said in the "Maltese Falcon" :

"...so many guns, and so little brains".

Now, that is not meant to be a smack on anyone, but here in California, ..don't even DREAM of getting a carry permit for a gat!

The only people who have them, are the hoods and gansta's.....

I have read many of the posts and am suprised at how many states allow private citizens to carry concealed weapons.

I do believe that an armed society is a polite society, and if you mind your own business and aren't an idot, the cops will never stop you, and find you packing.

Just very interesting, folks.

As for the banks, I have a story to tell, but next time.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I have had a carry permit since 1987. Here is where you cannot carry in Florida.

Restrictions on Carry

The following is a list of places where you are restricted from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Please note that this is simplified list. The places marked by an astrisk (*) may have exceptions or additional restrictions. See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes for a complete listing.

any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
any detention facility, prison, or jail;
any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
any polling place;
any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
any school administration building;
any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
any elementary or secondary school facility;
any area vocational-technical center;
any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
In addition, Section 790.11 prohibits firearms in National Forests except during hunting season. This does not apply to a firearm securely stored within a vehicle on a state road.

Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05

Florida Statute 823.05 defines a place of nuisance as a "place which tends to annoy the community or injure the health of the community...or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated."

Originally posted by STHill
All right, boys, just for kicks, I'm going to the bank tomorrow to make a deposit. And you know what? I'm gonna be packing heat and wearing my panama that Robert provided and Art blocked, AND I'm gonna be sporting Raybans. Hell, I might wear a trench coat. And when I leave the bank, while still so attired, I'm going to the liquor store and pick up a bottle of Johnny Walker Red for the weekend. And I'm doing it because I can. Or at least, I think I can. Guess we'll find out.

I will send you a cake with a file in it. LOL
Aw, C'mon buy the Blue Label. Splurge a bit. ;) Seriously though, I am not all that hot on blended whiskeys but Blue is not all that bad. Break from tradition and get a Mcallan 49 year old is best but one can live with the 30 year old or twelve year old in a pinch. :D

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by SHARPETOYS
I have had a carry permit since 1987. Here is where you cannot carry in Florida.

Restrictions on Carry

The following is a list of places where you are restricted from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Please note that this is simplified list. The places marked by an astrisk (*) may have exceptions or additional restrictions. See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes for a complete listing.

any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
any detention facility, prison, or jail;
any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
any polling place;
any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
any school administration building;
any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
any elementary or secondary school facility;
any area vocational-technical center;
any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
In addition, Section 790.11 prohibits firearms in National Forests except during hunting season. This does not apply to a firearm securely stored within a vehicle on a state road.

Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05

Florida Statute 823.05 defines a place of nuisance as a "place which tends to annoy the community or injure the health of the community...or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated."

Aw, Come one now. You are just rubbing it in. Where do you think you live America? LOL

Regards to all,

J

STHill

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by jamespowers
I will send you a cake with a file in it. LOL
Aw, C'mon buy the Blue Label. Splurge a bit. ;) Seriously though, I am not all that hot on blended whiskeys but Blue is not all that bad. Break from tradition and get a Mcallan 49 year old is best but one can live with the 30 year old or twelve year old in a pinch. :D

JP, I am a simple man with simple tastes. Though I have regrettably become a snob in some areas (hats, beer, women), when it comes to Scotch, any old middle of the road, name-brand blend is fine by me. If it was distilled any time before last week, it'll do. Ignorance is bliss. In fact, instead of Johnny Red, I may even dip a bit lower. Tonight, I will hoist a tumbler of The Famous Grouse to you (assuming I'm not in the slammer for my bank caper).

Cheers,

STHill

JP, I am a simple man with simple tastes. Though I have regrettably become a snob in some areas (hats, beer, women), when it comes to Scotch, any old middle of the road, name-brand blend is fine by me. If it was distilled any time before last week, it'll do. Ignorance is bliss. In fact, instead of Johnny Red, I may even dip a bit lower. Tonight, I will hoist a tumbler of The Famous Grouse to you (assuming I'm not in the slammer for my bank caper).

Cheers,

STHill

Let's see, being a snob over Hats, Beer and Women puts you into the "top of the heap" class with me. ;)
I know some ole boys in your neck of the woods that can actually supply you with some of that stuff made last week. LOL What surprises me is that they really do a good job! It does not taste bad at all for still liquor. Comes in a plain bottle with a lightning bolt on it. ;) These boys have been doing this for generations though.
Oh, no! Here we go into illegal activities again. For the record, it has been a long time since I tasted that and I do not know where these boys live now or where they produce the stuff. ;)
I am a simple man. I know nothing. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
JP, I am a simple man with simple tastes. Though I have regrettably become a snob in some areas (hats, beer, women)
STHill

But as Rick said to Louie, "When it comes to women, you are a true Democrat".

Since WHEN should you be a "snob" on women?!?!??!?!??!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay