Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*No Longer Available*Vintage Stetson Beaver 35 XXXXX For Sale or Trade

Chief000731

Practically Family
For Sale or Trade Vintage Stetson Beaver 35 Five X Size is 7 1/4 Just back from being cleaned and blocked Hat has no issues that I am aware of it is Like new. $160.00 plus shipping or Trade. I bought this from Rodkins March 8 2012 VERY nice hat... PM me with any questions offers or trades... Chief :D :D :D Opening is about 8" X 6 7/8 I wear a 7 1/4 and it fits me perfectly... *NO LONGER AVAILABLE GOING TO MAJOR MOORE* Thank you Everybody...

Stetson4Sale001.jpg

Stetson4Sale002.jpg

Stetson4Sale003.jpg

Stetson4Sale004.jpg

Stetson4Sale005.jpg

Stetson4Sale007.jpg

Stetson4Sale010.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Nice, very nice. I like the look of that ribbon, has a clean fresh look to it. I sure wish this hat was a size or two larger, I would own it.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Thanks LMH2 I really like it too I just have too many that I never wear, I just got this back from Clean A Hat. I had it cleaned and blocked (it looked brand new when I got it from Rodkins I think he just had it cleaned and blocked when I bought it) I have never wore it so I thought somebody else might want it to enjoy. I have about 60 hats so I'm going to start thinning them out a little bit... I am sending Major Moore a few for him to reblock and distribute. The only thing I need is a nice good vintage newsboy cap, I really want a nice old one tweed or something (eight panel or whatever they are) I really don't know anything about them... Chief

Nice, very nice. I like the look of that ribbon, has a clean fresh look to it. I sure wish this hat was a size or two larger, I would own it.

Last edited:

StanS

New in Town
No responses yet as to comparison with "Twenty" or "Twenty five." I really would like to know. Chief, how would you compare the felt to other hats you have? As you can see, I have advertised that I am looking to buy an OR style with a wide brim and tall crown in a 7 3/8. The length and width that you give is close to a 7 3/8. Do you think you would be able to help getting a more traditional ribbon on the hat?

Chief000731

Practically Family
The felt is excellent very soft and smooth very easy to crease and hold a crease... As far as ribbon goes I send my hats to Optimo for any type of work I need to have done... There is also a lot of guys on the lounge that knows how to do all of that stuff and they are very good at it I've seen pictures of the hats before and after they work on them. What kind of ribbon are you looking for? Rodkins can probably tell you more about this hat then me I bought it from him I think he had it for awhile before I bought it, I wanted an open road or open road style hat, but I really like the traditional fedoras thats why I decided to sell this or style hat... Hope that helps you some, if anybody else knows anything else that would help Stan... Please jump in. Thank you Chief.

A Stetson 50 is a 7X & thusly a 35 is a 5X. ;)
Don't try to put logic to X's with Stetson.
Stetson had models like a 3X that was $15.
The Sovereign was also a 20 & sold for $20.
The Stetson 25 was a step up from that.
Next would be the 35, also 5X CB, priced at $35
Then comes the 50 = 7X CB then the 100 = never seen an X value associated with it.

This all has been covered in the Hats section in the threads about Stetson...lots of interesting reading....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails