Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nooby nooby new

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Welcome to the madness Lounge!
We all have a similar affliction here, so feel free to discuss such manly topics as fur, satin, sewing and ribbons. Not to mention pinches, dents and edge treatments...and steamy subjects such as teakettles.
And don't forget to post pics!

Thanks, Moe. I'm trying to get up to speed on some of the basics. The more I learn the more I realize the breadth of my ignorance.

Ah, or we could wow the swells in Miamisburg by getting burgers at the hamburger wagon! :)

I saw a ribbon treatment today that was interesting. Unfortunately I lost the link. Instead of looking like a bow, the ends looked like they were folded back into each other, creating about 5 to 6 vertical pleats. Any idea what that would be called?

If there were any doubts you were familiar with the area...

hamburger-wagon.jpg

It's weird they have a website.

Now I want a hamburger...

RJR

Ah, or we could wow the swells in Miamisburg by getting burgers at the hamburger wagon! :)

I saw a ribbon treatment today that was interesting. Unfortunately I lost the link. Instead of looking like a bow, the ends looked like they were folded back into each other, creating about 5 to 6 vertical pleats. Any idea what that would be called?
Hat-VS 9-11 1.jpg

Here is an example of a shark's gill bow-9/11 tribute hat by Art Fawcett.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
If there were any doubts you were familiar with the area...

View attachment 57013

It's weird they have a website.

Now I want a hamburger...
Heck, they've been written up in one of those "Best Burgers" books. Besides that, they also have a second wagon they take to special events.

We moved from Oxford to Miamisburg when I was 9. Lived in the historic district for much of my time there. Worked at Suttman's (men's wear) and Round Table (restaurant) while in HS. Went to school with a Porter, the family that started and still owned the burger wagon back then, as well as one of the Philhower kids (downtown pharmacy). Used to go to Woody's for 2AM Ham & Swiss. ...and only the hamburger wagon is left.

Heck, they've been written up in one of those "Best Burgers" books. Besides that, they also have a second wagon they take to special events.

We moved from Oxford to Miamisburg when I was 9. Lived in the historic district for much of my time there. Worked at Suttman's (men's wear) and Round Table (restaurant) while in HS. Went to school with a Porter, the family that started and still owned the burger wagon back then, as well as one of the Philhower kids (downtown pharmacy). Used to go to Woody's for 2AM Ham & Swiss. ...and only the hamburger wagon is left.

I miss Woody's. Especially at New Year. Good to have a Local on the Lounge. Welcome to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ