Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not to sound bizarre, but I was wondering if any of you WWII guys could tell me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruptured Duck™

New in Town
...where I could get a replica Concentration Camp uniform?

I am a history teacher and am looking for a replica to display in my class as remembrance of the horrid atrocities.

I have come across considerable difficulty in finding anything...can anyone throw me a lead?

Thanks in advance...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
...where I could get a replica Concentration Camp uniform?

I am a history teacher and am looking for a replica to display in my class as remembrance of the horrid atrocities.

I have come across considerable difficulty in finding anything...can anyone throw me a lead?

Thanks in advance...

I actually saw was was supposed to be the top half of one on ebay about a year ago. It had the star sewn on it and looked very real. Gave me the chills. I think I recall the auction being pulled before the end date.

AF

Edward

Bartender
Somebody is bound to produce these for the film industry - maybe try with a wardrobe / costume agency, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I've seen the real thing on display at Auschwitz. Very chilling. Not least the display of them hanging in a room where prisoners who were due to be executed by firing squad were forced to undress before they stepped out to stand in front of the wall. When I say 'display', I mean they were left hanging as if they'd just been removed.

Last edited:

Ruptured Duck™

New in Town
Yeah, I've seen authentic ones, as well. I would NOT want one of those. To me, collectors of that stuff isn't necessarily collecting it in honor of the dead. I think they like it for more morbid reasons.

I figured a replica one would be chilling as well, but not in the same morbid sort of way.

Apparently, if this community is stumped, I perhaps won't find one anywhere?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
You require a SS Totenkopfverbände uniform. If you really want to obtain one, then you could purchase standard SS uniform and buy the badging, patches to make one.

Rather you than me though.

Cobden

Practically Family
I think he's after the uniform worn by those imprisoned in the camps rather then that of the guard; I don't think the former are reproduced (as the primary reason for reproduction is the re-enactor market, in many ways it's rather good to know that they aren't). The latter would be doable with the repros on the market

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I think he's after the uniform worn by those imprisoned in the camps rather then that of the guard; I don't think the former are reproduced (as the primary reason for reproduction is the re-enactor market, in many ways it's rather good to know that they aren't). The latter would be doable with the repros on the market

Ah thanks Cobden. I got the wrong end of the stick. Sorry Ruptured Duck.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Could you mock one up from an old pair of pajamas? You could use fabric paints for the stripes if they are not striped already and sew the star and other details on yourself. It would be a bit of work but once you have them they would be a powerful exhibit to use again and again.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think the members have covered most bases in helping with suggestions for your Educational Exhibit. Good Luck with your desire to educate others in historical matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou