Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not Vintage but timeless!!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Very impressive. Close order drill is such an interesting throw back to 18th century warfare. We don't need it at all today, but there's something about it that just seems so military. I remember the profound sense of Zen perfection that it used to engender back at Parris Island. The one thing that really bugs me about this video is that the USMC stamped out the "Salty Dip" from the barracks cover many years ago. To me, that symbolizes the Marine Corps. I'd really like to see them bring it back.

Jay

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
The one thing that really bugs me about this video is that the USMC stamped out the "Salty Dip" from the barracks cover many years ago. To me, that symbolizes the Marine Corps. I'd really like to see them bring it back.

Salty Dip? Might I ask what that is?

BORNTOOLATE

New in Town
I'm ignorant of the details in that performance, but it sure gets me all tingly inside and proud and grateful to be an american. I wish I had half the discipline these gentlemen must have. My utmost respect to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy