Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but Seamed Stockings

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Ladies, any suggestions on where to buy *non-seamed* stockings? (Not thigh-highs, with the sticky strips!) I know this is the seamed stockings thread, but I thought this was the best spot.

I bought a pair from Sears, but their "nude" is anything but - they're more "fake suntan with sparkly synthetic shine". shakeshead Any other department/chain stores out there (or failing that, web stores) that offer modern stockings in paler, more matte shades?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You can get vintage RHTs (reinforced heel toe) on eBay for decent prices. Most people dont bid on them, they want seams, and listers are very good about listing seamed or no.

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShoreRoadLady said:
Thanks ladies! I'll have to check out those suggestions. I was thinking that perhaps a high-end dept. store like Nordstom might carry them, too. Thanks!

There are many recommendations in this thread for various non-seamed stockings. I personally prefer Hanes Silk Reflections and they aren't that expensive, at around $15 for 2 pair. You can get them at http://www.onehanesplace.com/product/3053.html for $10 for 2 pair. I get them at Macy's.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Funny story

I've only recently started wearing seamed stockings. One of the things I struggle with is getting the seams straight and centered. I don't have a full length mirror but I do have a mirror on my headboard. I lay down with my head at the foot of the bed and raise my legs up in the air; I can see the backs of my legs in the mirror and I can straighten my seams. It's so silly, my husband is always laughing at me...It is a good workout but there has to be an easier way....

mentha

Familiar Face
@MarieAnne: That must be a sight indeed!!! I'm still trying to find a way to get the back garters fastened without breaking my back... Front and side, no prob, but the back...

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
mentha said:
@MarieAnne: That must be a sight indeed!!! I'm still trying to find a way to get the back garters fastened without breaking my back... Front and side, no prob, but the back...

I always fasten the back garter before putting them on. Straight and easy every time.

mentha

Familiar Face
Audrey Horne said:
I always fasten the back garter before putting them on. Straight and easy every time.

Hmm, there's a thought. Worth trying, though I'm not quite sure I'll manage to do that with my Rago step-in. It already takes a load of pulling, stretching and keeping my breath in to get it on without stockings attached... ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MarieAnne, gather your stockings up in your hand and as you put them on, keep your index finger on top of the seam. When you put them on, you'll be running your index finger in a straight line up your leg. Works almost every time.

Mentha, put on your pull-on, pull up your stockings, and fasten the back garter first, then do the others.

Lollipop

Familiar Face
Stocking Sizes...

Hi all...

I'm buying my first pair of FF Seamed stockings(actually, first pair of stockings.), and I was just wondering about the sizes...How do they go? Are the sizes different in every brand? Or the same?

Thanks!

Lollipop

I should add, I keep seeing Regular size...What exactly size is that?

Thanks again!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Are there any sites that sell FF stockings for shorties? I find that the opera length stockings that Isee in most shops are too long for me to wear with an open bottom girdle.

Thanks!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Lollipop said:
Hi all...

I'm buying my first pair of FF Seamed stockings(actually, first pair of stockings.), and I was just wondering about the sizes...How do they go? Are the sizes different in every brand? Or the same?

Thanks!

Lollipop

I should add, I keep seeing Regular size...What exactly size is that?

Thanks again!

If you're talking about Magnolia's "regular" (as opposed to their opera length), I can only tell you that they're too long for 5'2" me! I know that Girdlebound and a lot of other sites carry Magnolia's stockings. The other brands, like Secrets in Lace and What Katie Did are more specific about sizing than Magnolia.

If you're interested in vintage stockings, there's a great sizing chart here.

Jenniferrose -- I mostly buy vintage stockings, as the modern brands that make smaller stockings tend to be on the pricey side, and I can get vintage cheaper!

cupcake

Familiar Face
The other day I was going out and my dad called out "are your seams lined up?" :rolleyes:
I wasnt even wearing my seamed tights. It's comments like that that can show a mans age

cecil

A-List Customer
Lusti Weather said:
If you're talking about Magnolia's "regular" (as opposed to their opera length), I can only tell you that they're too long for 5'2" me! I know that Girdlebound and a lot of other sites carry Magnolia's stockings. The other brands, like Secrets in Lace and What Katie Did are more specific about sizing than Magnolia.

If you're interested in vintage stockings, there's a great sizing chart here.

Jenniferrose -- I mostly buy vintage stockings, as the modern brands that make smaller stockings tend to be on the pricey side, and I can get vintage cheaper!

If you ever need somebody to offload your long stockings onto I'd be glad to purchase them from you! I'm 5'7" but most of that is leg. My first pair of fully fashioneds were a vintage size 8, the welt started at my knees. lol

But I camt in here because I have a question: are ALL stockings described as fully-fashioned seamed? I'm pretty sure they are but I just wanted to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot