Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but stetson ads

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I think this is a key find. Royal Stetson Deluxe 1944.

Maybe other folks had pointed this out, but I had not found a date to assign the model pre - Royal Deluxe Stetson order.

44StetsonAd.jpg

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Has anyone by chance seen an ad for the Stetson Medalist?

I went through all of these, the other ad threads, as well as more than a few google searches. So far I’ve come up with nothing. Any help?

Thanks guys!

Has anyone by chance seen an ad for the Stetson Medalist?

I went through all of these, the other ad threads, as well as more than a few google searches. So far I’ve come up with nothing. Any help?

Thanks guys!
I have seen several Stetson Medalist hats and own a modern one. They have ALL been straw hats. I have never seen an ad for a Medalist. My modern hat is labeled on the sweat as a Medalist in the same place and way Stetson labels Royal, or Royal Deluxe on felts. I have seen the vintage sweats stamped in the same fashion. Now on my hat Medalist is NOT the model name as my hat was sold and tagged (the normal modern blocking tag) as a Whippet. Based on this and the lack of ads, I feel that Medalist was a quality designation for their straw line as it seems to be now, like Royal or Royal Deluxe et al.......
Now to further support my theory I DO have ads for Stetson Straws from the 40's that show a particular model straw offered in differant price points and quality. They do not offer the actual quality designation in the ad beyond the same straw hat being offered with differant ribbons and named price points.......

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Yes, I agree it was a quality designation and it probably shifted position/price over time. For this thread, I was hoping someone had an ad that would indicate a price point or some other quantifiable position for the Medalist.

I am halfway through the Miller Stockman catalog thread and have not seen a Medalist. I will keep looking!

Yes, I agree it was a quality designation and it probably shifted position/price over time. For this thread, I was hoping someone had an ad that would indicate a price point or some other quantifiable position for the Medalist.

I am halfway through the Miller Stockman catalog thread and have not seen a Medalist. I will keep looking!
I have been looking through my things too.........;)
M

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I always notice hats in the old ads seem to have more rounded dents centered on the sides and not the long side dent/creases like the Cattlemen's crease.

Bump. I’ll make sure to post more pages in the Stockman catalog thread. But for now, full cover ads (and in color!) for Stetson. Will be framing this one after documenting its contents:

View attachment 399246 View attachment 399245

I always notice hats in the old ads seem to have more rounded dents centered on the sides and not the long side dent/creases like the Cattlemen's crease.
The Western dress hats of the 1910's - 1930's particularly. With the right ratio of crown to brim they look great. And that's the era where the elephant ears come in on taller crowns.

IMG_9174.jpg

Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special 7X Seventy-five.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
I noticed that same thing too, Randy. And for some reason, they’re hard to bash and look right for me. Will be loading up the content pics today. I have this and another Stockman to share, both with great crisp Stetson ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112