Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

slouchhat.jpg

Got this from the 'bay, made by River Junction. 3 1/4" brim & 5 1/2" crown as creased, side vents, brim stitching & free extra hatband.

That's cool, let's see more when ya get it, Rick!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got it.

Turns out it is a 10x Thoroughbred. Thoroughbred started as The Polk Hat Co. in St. Louis, c. 1860, other than that I know nothing about thoroughbred hats, although they seem to have gone away some time ago. anyone know anything more?
The felt is quite thick & substantial- all there. Did a quick recrease to a teardrop & removed the band. It'll make a good rain hat. The sweat is kinda like the Akubra Imperial line or any modern Stetson, a bit plastic feeling.It makes me question just how vintage it is. D@mn near bulletproof felt, looks as though it'll last a lifetime. Yea? Nay? [huh]

Photo3.jpg
Photo5.jpg
Photo6.jpg

stevyn

New in Town
I made my own out of an abused resistal 3X fur felt. Lots of holes rebashed it added band,hatcord,13thKco inf device. Hardly wear anything else now. Gets lots of complemants.

1961MJS

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Here's mine.

Here's my Campaign cover with USMC subdued EGA. Don't know the date on this one. When I got it, the sweat was rotted out and so maker is unknown. I had a new sweat put inby a hatter in Albuquerque.

P1000939.jpg

P1000940.jpg

P1000941.jpg

P1000942.jpg

P1000943.jpg

1961MJS

Hi

You might find out if Winchester is making any Nutria felt blanks, if so I'd bet that Major Moore would make you an authentic Campaign hat. If they're not making Nutria, Beaver or Bunny would be a great deal. Look up Buckaroo hatters in Covington TN.

Roughrider type hat (wrong color) made by Major Moore in 100% bunny fur:

Roughrider_02.jpg

Roughrider_01.jpg

Later

Last edited:

1961MJS

Hi

Make sure you post pictures of Jerry Lee's version of the 1989 Campaign Cover. :D I've got some of his stuff, but no hats yet.

Later

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well count me in. I just ordered myself the 1911 Campaign hat from WPG. Nutria body so it should hold up nicely. One of my old fedoras is Nutria and it wears rather nicely for a 60 year old hat.
http://ww2-militaria-reproduction.com/shopexd.asp?id=3624
I'm looking forward to this one. I was sort of going for the Bill Miner look from The Grey Fox, although my whiskers aren't as snowy.
grey_fox_xlg.jpg

I think that it will ship out on Monday so I should see it by Wednesday or Thursday. This should make a fantastic sun hat for working outdoors. Will post pics when I can.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21