Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

Renault

One Too Many
Okay. All I have room for.
Lt. to. Rt.
Old WWII era thick, , heavy, bullet proof wool model.
#1 Quality Stetson beaver. From the Exchange store College Sta. Texas; no doubt an old corps of cadet members hat
Last is one of Eureka Arsenals M1911 wool hats. Nice quality, just wish it was fur felt.

The old lone hat in the back is a cheap wool M1889 model with the snowflake vent.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Okay. All I have room for.
Lt. to. Rt.
Old WWII era thick, , heavy, bullet proof wool model.
#1 Quality Stetson beaver. From the Exchange store College Sta. Texas; no doubt an old corps of cadet members hat
Last is one of Eureka Arsenals M1911 wool hats. Nice quality, just wish it was fur felt.

The old lone hat in the back is a cheap wool M1889 model with the snowflake vent.

Two words
Green and Envy :D

Well done young man, :eusa_clap boy, I really like that collection, mighty fine hats, even the old wool one looks like it can tell a tale or two!

The trouble I find is I only have the one head! ;)

ingineer

One Too Many
Fantastic Renault

Here is my new one

Stratton F-40 Kentucky Trooper Grey with What Price Glory cord and acorns.

Strange sweat not leather but fabric and foam.

LO, So a bit of a head clamp

No Snell Foundation rating

Richard

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Only you can prevent Forest Fires! Wearing my Stetson USNPS Campaign Hat while over seeing S'more toasting
20140807_210147_zpsg40ls5j5.jpg

Jeff

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Cattus I wanted to be a National Historic Park Ranger when I was little. It is cool that you followed through on it.

Hey tomorrow is Smokey's Birthday lets see those Smokey Bear Hats out there.

Jeff

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead. I'm not a park ranger (although that would be cool.) I run a non-profit, recovery ministry support organization.

recoveryinternationalusa.org

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Though not Campaign Hats, I was inspired to make similar bow designs and I sewed them on two of my Resistol Stagecoaches....

R_Silverbelly_02.jpg

R_Silverbelly_03.jpg

RS_04.jpg

RS_05.jpg

Last edited:

fireman

One of the Regulars
That is a good looking hat. Nice job!

So far, so good. Here are the results, to date. I've dunked it into denatured alcohol for about 24 hours, both to clean it (had a horrible cigarette smell) and to soften it up. Both worked great. Then I took it to a local shop to have the stitches put in the brim. Not the straightest in the world, but I console myself that it was a wartime production hat, and some sloppiness was probably to be expected!

Campaign3.jpg
Image2.jpg

Campaign2.jpg

Campaign1.jpg

I'm having a heckuva time finding some tan 5/8" ribbon, though. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I went to Michael's last night and picked up some very small leather punches to put the snowflake vent in with the smallest one.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stratton. Flanged (not flat) brim. Leather band.

In action. Unfortunately, after wearing it maybe five times, the sweatband shrank and split to pieces and the brim curled up like a potato chip. The first new hat I've bought in a long while and now I remember why.
10487289_10152619971805909_6597757960268270588_n.jpg

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Thats no bueno. It might just be a poor quality one that slipped through QA. I have one I bought in a surplus store. Its seen many an adventure (in the back yard) clearing brush, yard work, etc. I've put a lot of sweat through it and its still going strong.

On the bright side, yours has a unique lived in look now.

RayG_Wisconsin

New in Town
New member here. I just found this interesting site and I see a lot of nice looking campaign hats on it. A lot of the copies of the military hats are really well done. I was also surprised to see a photo of my group of campaign hats posted on the site. If you go to my thread here you will see them displayed on correct period mannequines and if you look further into the thread there are better close up photos of them posted. Ray

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2364-my-mannequin-displays/

earlycmpaignhats[1].jpg

liten

One of the Regulars
New member here. I just found this interesting site and I see a lot of nice looking campaign hats on it. A lot of the copies of the military hats are really well done. I was also surprised to see a photo of my group of campaign hats posted on the site. If you go to my thread here you will see them displayed on correct period mannequines and if you look further into the thread there are better close up photos of them posted. Ray

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2364-my-mannequin-displays/

View attachment 18216

ive seen your awesome display on line before ray , have you got a 1876 model campaign hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner