Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

fireman

One of the Regulars
RayG....wow!! Your collection is fantastic. The only other ones that i have seen like yours are couple of the guys over on Gunboards. Thanks for posting!!

New member here. I just found this interesting site and I see a lot of nice looking campaign hats on it. A lot of the copies of the military hats are really well done. I was also surprised to see a photo of my group of campaign hats posted on the site. If you go to my thread here you will see them displayed on correct period mannequines and if you look further into the thread there are better close up photos of them posted. Ray

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2364-my-mannequin-displays/

View attachment 18216

RayG_Wisconsin

New in Town
ive seen your awesome display on line before ray , have you got a 1876 model campaign hat?

Sorry I don't have a 1876 campaign hat. I did see a 1872 one for sale about 20yrs ago at a show but didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I still see that hat in my thoughts as the brim was so wide and it was folded in a fore and aft style fold. Ray

liten

One of the Regulars
Sorry I don't have a 1876 campaign hat. I did see a 1872 one for sale about 20yrs ago at a show but didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I still see that hat in my thoughts as the brim was so wide and it was folded in a fore and aft style fold. Ray

oh right so called andrews hat ,custers guys used them , ive got 76 hat i made up myself ,after a lot of tome n effort lol hat2.jpg

RayG_Wisconsin

New in Town
I haven't focused on these campaign hats for quite awhile and can only go from memory. But I don't remember any 83 model hat only the 85 and 89 model hats which I believe might be one in the same but just called either an 85 or 89 in the books and regulations. I don't think there's any difference. It's possible there might be, but offhand I don't remember any difference, Ray

Last edited:

liten

One of the Regulars
THE Difference apprantly was a dime size vent either side , up until the 89 model which changed to the snowflake, but no 83 have survived the years so we dont really no for sure

liten

One of the Regulars
I haven't focused on these campaign hats for quite awhile and can only go from memory. But I don't remember any 83 model hat only the 85 and 89 model hats which I believe might be one in the same but just called either an 85 or 89 in the books and regulations. I don't think there's any difference. It's possible there might be, but offhand I don't remember any difference, Ray

dime size vent and only two rows of brim stitch

RayG_Wisconsin

New in Town
The boots are cut different then the issue 85-86 style as the seams are on the side, not front and back and have one piece fronts more typical of CW boots. But having said that, because of the Alaska logo, they may be either private purchase or State or Federal contracted and if so could date to the 1880's also.

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So I got this Banana Republic Safari...

it has a creme pleated pug, I already have a couple of Zebra banded Dorians from SA, one from the old Abercrombie & Fitch and one from Willis & Geiser, also a Dobbs Safari w/ pug from A & F.

Now this seller seems pretty sure this is wool, tho' I see it nowhere marked as such, no WPL label & what looks to me kinda like that "banner" graphic that is on many bands that say "pure fur felt" on the sweat. I did an extensive search at Abandoned Republic & I failed to find this model in anything but fur felt.
The photos look like ff.
I hope I have not got another woolie I will not wear. What does it look like to all ya'll? [huh]

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
That looks so familiar from 1980 or so , Bet it is bunny , but at that price who cares

I owned it but can not remember
Richard

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner