Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

KELORGO

New in Town
Thanks for the replies. I have spent a ton of time searching for the exact officer's cord and can't find one anywhere. I didn't realize there were so many variations of the gold/black officer's cord! I really like how most of the cord on alanfgag's hat has faded, but the gold netting around the acorns and the center knot are still vibrant gold.

ChrisB

A-List Customer
My M1911

My father found this in a local antique shop. It has the United Hatters tag, but no stitching on the brim, which should make this a late WW1 model.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 246

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Hello
Can you post a nice clear close up of the ribbon and chin strap gromment? Also a pic of the sweatband. Thanks

My father found this in a local antique shop. It has the United Hatters tag, but no stitching on the brim, which should make this a late WW1 model.

Last edited:

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
That is like the one I posted. (1917 dated)

Attachments

• officer.jpg
    officer.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 191
  • officer.jpg
    officer.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 204
  • officer2.jpg
    officer2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

RJR

Question:does anyone know of a source for the die used to cut a "star vent" in a hat?Thanks.

liten

One of the Regulars
Question:does anyone know of a source for the die used to cut a "star vent" in a hat?Thanks.

Dont think there is a source for any of the punched vent? think you will find most just use pictures online as a guide, and hole tthem out with a leather punch

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Last edited:

stevyn

New in Town
Hi guys.
I need some help determining hat size. I have sent the person with the hat 2 emails asking for the circumference of the sweatband and he just isn't getting it. He has sent me a measurement of 7 1/2 X 6 inches. So if anyone can help me out with a real world size I would greatly apprecieate it. And yes I sent him a link to the hat size webpage I use to determine various sizes. No luck. Thank you all.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Thank you for the compliments Joao and RJR. The hat's in excellent condition and looks barely worn. I'm going to try to find out more about the original owner. Always nice when you can find the original owner's name in the hat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner