Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Suits

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
More Nudie suits:

Pink with frogs?!?!? Yep, Nudie Cohan was an odd guy . . .
2972522595_bb25408298.jpg

. . . Need more proof? Here's a Flying saucer themed Nudie suit!
tumblr_kzowls2iD51qaay9eo1_400.jpg

Hank Thompson in a mid-50's Nudie fringed shirt
3127_01.jpg

Rex and Bonnie Allen checkout a suit Nudie is working on for Rex
wt_nudie_rex_bonnie375.jpg

Nudie made boots too
nudieboots-300x222.jpg

That looks like a Swastika on the Saucer one. I love Nudie's work, however. He had some wild stuff and it's so much fun. One of the reasons I wish I could've been a 1950s country-western singer.

I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be after the unfortunate stigma that the symbol received in the 1940s.

And wouldn't that be somethin'? I don't think I've got voice enough to ever make it, though with computers, most modern country singers don't!
'Cause it is, essentially, a Swastika, by whatever name they were known in whichever Native culture inspired that beadwork.

No reason you couldn't be one "in the now." Make a band, find a Nudie and an audience (perhaps not in that order), and you're set.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I just measured Sage Guyton of the Lucky Stars for a Western suit that I think is going to knock all your socks off.

Anywho. This thread is pretty awesome. It's interesting to note that as the years went by, the gal on the Nudie's logo became more and more clothed.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I just measured Sage Guyton of the Lucky Stars for a Western suit that I think is going to knock all your socks off.

Anywho. This thread is pretty awesome. It's interesting to note that as the years went by, the gal on the Nudie's logo became more and more clothed.

WOW, that I got to see! Definitely post some pictures when it's done. Sage is pound for pound absolutely the best dressed guy in country music today. After seeing the Lucky Stars play in Las Vegas I commented to him that his western suit was really great so he showed me the label. The previous owner? GENE AUTRY!!!

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Country Music Hall Of fame - Pictures of Boots & Stage Costumes

Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 097.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 103.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 104.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 105.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 106.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 086.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 096.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 079.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 083.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 032.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 035.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 008.jpg Troy's Charlotte-Nashville- Indpls. Pictures 007.jpg
Third from the left top row, is Gram Parson's suit while playing with The Flying Burrito Bros.
Enjoy

majormajor

One Too Many
Yes, that looks like an Everly Brothers Gibson guitar.

Here's a better shot:D

gibsoneverly1.jpg

Last edited:

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Yes as I recall that was the Everly Bros. exhibit. The boots w/ hearts belonged to Hank Thompson and were designed after his hit song "Humpty Dumpty Heart"

Last edited:

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Hey Tom, in answer to your question I like to look at where the people posting live. This can give their comments context regarding how comfortable clothes are during the seasons or statements about clothes such as the nudie suits. You will notice that posters who find clothes for the rich or trendy are normally along the coasts. Cities with a large population or a high percentage of wealthy people would also apply such as Chicago. Also it is frequently not stated in the posts how long ago the item was offered for sale.
For example I might state, it was not unusual to attend a auction 20 years ago and find at least one antique tractor offered. Living in the Midwest this makes sense. 20 years ago if you lived in Hollywood / L.A. such a statement about vintage clothes may be equally true.
It is frequently not stated in the posts how long ago the item was offered. Regarding price was is it offered by a dealer or at a yard sale. I believe that some don't share such relevant information to keep their sources for good stuff private. So I am suspect when people openly share a good fishing spot. If you know what I mean.
Their were people who centered their whole business around buying either directly from the film studios or attending their annual auctions. Some dealers formed relationships w/ entertainers and bought directly from them. I remember a day time talk show where these folks displayed personal items they picked out of the trash cans of the stars for resale. Many people sell at huge flea markets that are held weekly outdoors in locations near L.A. and cool stuff turns up there.
Think over the years the entertainment memorabilia that was thrown out or sold prior to the seventies when collectors really started to drive prices up.

That is very cool! What a fantastic deal, too. Too bad the pants don't fit.

Tom, I found this on eBay four years ago for the whopping sum of ten dollars, from the daughter of the original owner. It has matching pants, but the original owner had significantly shorter legs than I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy