Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Number of handbags and pairs of shoes?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm a poor college student, so I'm lacking in both the shoe and handbag department. I'm kinda lacking in all departments, actually!

I have splurged on shoes, mainly buying Remix and Aerosoles because I have horrible flat feet and they are so comfy. I also have found some good 30's oxford pumps at decent prices.

I have a lot of handbags from thrift stores, estate sales and flea markets, but most of them are more modern (aka GIGANTIC). My boyfriend also gets a discount at Nordstrom's, so I put that to good use sometimes as well.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
And that's exactly why I don't collect podiatrists, although I once met a really cute one but I was married at the time.

I hope you aren't avoiding trips to the podiatrist--if you need them. Since you can afford to collect shoes, handbags, etc., I assume that isn't the case.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Paisley said:
I hope you aren't avoiding trips to the podiatrist--if you need them. Since you can afford to collect shoes, handbags, etc., I assume that isn't the case.

I said I do not collect handbags and shoes, and yes, I can afford trips to the podiatrist. The reason I do not collect handbags and shoes is because 1) I prefer to spend my money for collecting on books and nerd girl pursuits and 2) As I mentioned above, I buy well made comfortable shoes that come at a premium.

I don't know if it was intentional, but your comment comes off as patronizing.

Liz

I have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable and/or don't fall off my feet (mine are super-narrow!) so I "only" have 15 pairs or so. Purses on the other hand...I really don't want to think about how many I've accumulated over the years. I collect lucite purses, but I refuse to pay Ebay prices for them. Somehow it doesn't seem so bad to have loads of purses when they're all cheap estate sale and flea market finds. ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I have 5 pairs of shoes and 5 purses.

My husband bought most of them for me because he hates to see me "settle." Meh. I just hate shopping [huh]

crwritt

One Too Many
Originally Posted by crwritt
Lots and lots of shoes, sandals, boots, heels, flats, clogs, you name it, but only one old black Coach handbag.

I used a black Coach Station bag for years. I still have it but it's "retired."

I've even sent it back to the factory for reconditioning and a new strap when the edge binding wore out. I just can't find another one that fits the bill.

Naama

Practically Family
So, compared to you guys, I only have a few shoes, but my "collection" is growing and growing.... Mainly I own Mary Janes, and most of my shoes are not that comfortable... :( So I have pairs that I only wear for the evening and the comfortable ones I wear everyday. Handbags... I don't know, but I'm just so not really interested into handbags. I have one big one for everyday use and one small one for evening. I almost only wear black white and gray, so there is no need for matching handbags for the outfit ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Naama said:
I almost only wear black white and gray, so there is no need for matching handbags for the outfit ;)

I can definitely understand having most items in the same colors in order to mix and match and get the most out of your wardrobe. Just remember that contrasting accessories really can make a big splash and really change an outfit for a minimum price.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
For vintage, I don't count. I too like to get the shoes, handbag, belt, gloves all to match and that can take a while, obviously. I'd say I have more shoes than handbags, but I could be wrong!

Modern stuff, I have a couple of handbags and a couple of pairs of shoes for work. Wear 'em out and chuck 'em.

ladyk

Familiar Face
dollydaydream said:
I like shoes.

I have more coats than bags and shoes though lol

And don't get me started on HATS!!!

lol A woman after my own heart.

I'm attempting to think out my shoe collection to those I actually can wear, as apposed to all those pairs I bought and kept despite the fact they don't fit because they're just so very pretty. Even post thinning, and callously binning those I've had for years and a beyind repair, I have a little over 100 pairs of shoes (90% vintage) . I'm almost as bad with handbags (I have about 60) and hats. Oh how I love a good hat. And gloves. and coats (all vintage). Accessories are the most wonderful things in the world - and my bank manager hates me for thinking it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy