Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutrition and exercise!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Walking is great. I lost about 10 lbs my senior year of high school just from walking alone. It was a great de-stresser for me. I would just walk for 2 hours everyday around my neighborhood with my Ipod on. I probably looked like a crazy vagabond, but it worked at losing the extra pounds I put on that summer!

I'm hopefully going to take lindy hop classes this July with my boyfriend so it will give us some exercise! He's only 100lbs more than me now (I'm gaining and he's losing), and that's not okay with me! ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
omg, i've lost 8 pounds lately without really trying!!!

2 things that contributed:
1. eating a bit heathier
2. riding my bike all the time for transportation

i'm hoping it doesn't end there - i feel great and i took 2 pairs of pants out of my "too small pants" box!!!

just wanted to share :)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
omg, i've lost 8 pounds lately without really trying!!!

2 things that contributed:
1. eating a bit heathier
2. riding my bike all the time for transportation

i'm hoping it doesn't end there - i feel great and i took 2 pairs of pants out of my "too small pants" box!!!

just wanted to share :)

Great Job. :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Kitty! Weight Watchers CORE plan! Check it out at www.weightwatchers.com

FYI, I am moving all of my photos from Yahoo to Flickr since yahoo is closing their photo site.. so my before and after link won't work anymore and I'll keep you updated!

Way to go everyone for walking, riding bikes, and joing the gym recently and eating healthier!
Nikki

Kitty_Sheridan said:
O'Hairas! Wow....
You look amazing. How did you lose the weight?
K

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
I am really passionate about staying healthy and fit. I find the hardest thing to do is having an exercise plan and keeping to it, but once a habit is formed, the results are great. During high school, stress, long hours, etc. etc. put extra pounds on my frame, which I was quite unhappy about. I have since adapted a very healthy lifestyle. During the weekdays, I eat very low calorie and very healthy (low sugar, low fat) and do about an hour of cardio- if I am in the home I will run my stairs or do step aerobics, or go to the gym, and usually a half hour of weight lifting, targeting my arms and back. On the weekend, I allow myself some more freedom, in terms of healthy eating (I don't keep so strict in terms of calories, etc.) and in terms of working out. I still workout on the weekends, just not as much, usually about 35 minutes each day, or so, and eliminate the weights during these two days. I also occassionally do yoga, and try to get into the outdoors as much as possible. My body and whole being has made incredible strides. I am much more compact, toned and have much less body fat (I never had much to start with) and overall look a lot better, as well as sleep better and have more energy. I have lost a total of about 30 pounds, and went from a size 8 to a size 2/4 on my curvy yet athletic 5'7" frame. I am really proud of my accomplishments and work to keep it up and continue on, and really like to help others (friends, family) keep and maintain their health!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I just had to post this 1957 diet from Womans World a book not the magazine. I'm assuming it's from an Australian book as it mentions Vegemite

Breakfast:
One orange 42
One boiled egg 80
One slice of whole wheat toast, lightly buttered 75
One vitamin pill 0
Black tea or coffee 0

Lunch:
Clear bouillon 10
One tomato 30
One glass of skim milk 72
Black tea or coffee 0

Dinner:
Two lettuce leaves 10
Six slices of cucumber 6
Two crispbreads with Vegemite 46
Black tea or coffee 0

Calories =

DAY TWO

Breakfast:
One half grapefruit 33
One poached egg 80
One slice of whole wheat toast, lightly buttered 75
One vitamin pill 0
Black tea or coffee 0

Lunch:
Tomato bouillon 30
Two lettuce leaves 10
One glass of skim milk 72
Tripe without sauce 42

Dinner:
One tomato 30
One crispread with Vegemite 23
Black tea or coffee 0

Calories =

DAY THREE

Breakfast:
4oz of lemon juice 36
One slice of pineapple 52
One vitamin pill 0
Black tea or coffee 0

Lunch:
One set of brains 33
Clear bouillon 10

Dinner:
Black tea or coffee 0

Calories =

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lunch:
One set of brains 33

:essen: Gross! I think you'd need a set of brains before thinking of doing a diet like that, ROFL!

That's like anorexic. Unbelievable that it would be printed. I'm in shock!
Nikki

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
YOGA! i love it and it tones your body and relaxes your muscles. but not when your first starting ip.

my excersize plan.

GYM:

1:strech
2:tredmill(running, or jogging)10-20min
3:situps/chruches5-10min
4:wheights usually 5 to 10 pounds(depending on your strength)
10min. to get rid of armpitfat and arm fat, hold wieght and take it like your hammering the air upward a little but not to far up( kind of diagonal)
5: rowing machine5-10min
6: push ups 5 min
7:streach just a little bit
8:swimming laps10-20mins
9:hot tub ( RELAXING TIME for your body and skin)
10:wash face off with exfoliating face wash
11:then the magical sana 5-10min(unless you have a heart condission)
12:shower with exfoliationg body wash(make your pores scream)
>:D
13: after shower put a quarter sized drop of baby oil( or a mixer of mineral iols) in hand and rub on body while still wet.
14: pat dry
15: and once dry lotion(optional, depending on your skin type, if clorine drys your skin intensly then i reconmend)
DONT USE PERFUMED LOTION IF SKIN IRRITATES EASILY.
:D

and thats my workout.
:rolleyes:

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
bobbi_brown_4.jpg

this has everything that you could need

excesize nutrition makeuptips hair tips EVERYTHING :D

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Oof, I've been getting lazy with my normal swing-dancing schedule. I was just way too drained to go on tuesday!

However...I'm getting back into the swing of Karate again, and boy, is it kicking my butt! I'm still sore from thursday's class, which was three hours long with no breaks. We started out doing 0278402984 sets of kicks and punches in low traditional Chinese stances...while carrying weights! Then we ran a few blocks down the street to a park, where we fought inside of an directly in front of a concrete arroyo...that spiced things up a bit! We finished with weapons work -- sticks! knives! guns!

I can barely walk right now. lol

Blondie

Practically Family
Ok, i know this subject has been brought up before,thought it would be cool to have one thread,
but what i would love to know is:
who has had great success at the weight loss war?
how much did you lose ?
did you gain it back,time frame and by doing what diet ??

zaika

One Too Many
i am not at the end of my journey...i've been at it for a year. i've lost 7.5 inches around my waist. but i have A LOT to lose. so...this is just a drop in the bucket.
my whole philosophy behind this is not to "lose weight" but to adopt a healthier lifestyle. anything i incorporate into my life needs to be something i know i can stay with, otherwise...what's the point? i work out three days a week strength training, with an added activity day on the weekends. i watch what i eat most days. and i'm not in a hurry to lose weight because i know it will come. i'm confident that over the next year or two i'll reach my goal and because i've adopted these new habits for life, i'll stay there! of course...adjust when i need to.
not really an answer to your question specifically, blondie. just me yakking. [huh] i'm interested to hear what other ladies have to say. i know a few have had some great successes of various programs!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Congrats Zaika! I wish I had willpower again. I'm only 10lbs away from what I think is my "ideal" weight, which is what I weighed in my 20s. I always forget to exercise, or else I'll remember for a few days...

A trick for all of you walkers: if you carry a pair a 5lb dumbbells you'll increase your calories burned. It will also keep your arms toned without making them bulky.

zaika

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
Congrats Zaika! I wish I had willpower again. I'm only 10lbs away from what I think is my "ideal" weight, which is what I weighed in my 20s. I always forget to exercise, or else I'll remember for a few days...

A trick for all of you walkers: if you carry a pair a 5lb dumbbells you'll increase your calories burned. It will also keep your arms toned without making them bulky.

thank you! my willpower is my personal trainer. i pay her and i have to go. just recently i've been able to cut down on sessions with her and do it on my own out of habit.

yes! those ankle and wrist weights are wonderful for the walkers. i do that too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR