Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot size 8

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot size 8 natural Horween CXL horsehide $400

Really well made, beautiful boots hand made in America by artisan cobblers.

New in box, complete with bags and everything. These have been worn for all of 20 minutes indoors, with no more than 25 paces in them. The soles have absolutely zero wear to them. Literally just tried on, and determined my feet are too wide for them to fit comfortably.

Oak Street would not accept a return due to the creasing that appeared in the uppers as soon as they were tried on.

Natural Horween Chromexcel leather with plain toe.

Manufacturers price, $488. Buy here for $88 off. I don't accept returns, but for all practical purposes neither will they unless you just look at them.

IMG_20220823_180311_0.jpg IMG_20220824_130248_3.jpg
IMG_20220824_130508_9.jpg IMG_20220824_130358_6.jpg IMG_20220824_130335_6.jpg IMG_20220824_130323_1.jpg IMG_20220823_180330_0.jpg

Last edited:

Damon141

Practically Family
Oak street makes a solid boot for the price in my humble opinion. Better finishing than some higher priced options.

Ridiculously good deal. I’m not by any means a boot guy but these look superb. I’d need them in an 11. Would you say these run small? Made in my backyard (presumably) from a tannery also in my backyard. I want a pair!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Ridiculously good deal. I’m not by any means a boot guy but these look superb. I’d need them in an 11. Would you say these run small? Made in my backyard (presumably) from a tannery also in my backyard. I want a pair!
They run true to size. If you order your Bannock size, assuming you have a medium width foot, you should be good. They have fit advice information on the website and you can ask them questions.

I might try again with a half size bigger, but as strict as they are on returns, I'll be a lot more reluctant and careful about putting them on.

They run true to size. If you order your Bannock size, assuming you have a medium width foot, you should be good. They have fit advice information on the website and you can ask them questions.

I might try again with a half size bigger, but as strict as they are on returns, I'll be a lot more reluctant and careful about putting them on.
Yeah, try on by appointment only. Huge PIA. Chromexcel will crease if you simply stare at it long enough. That return/exchange policy is garbage.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, try on by appointment only. Huge PIA. Chromexcel will crease if you simply stare at it long enough. That return/exchange policy is garbage.
They do have boots in other leathers, so maybe you could buy something in a leather that is less creasey, and then exchange for what you really wanted once you get the size dialed in.

Herman F.

New in Town
I’ve had a pair of these for four or five years (also natural leather, but not hightop like these). After a month or two, one of the heels simply fell off. Oak Street apologized and offered to make it right, but since I was living overseas, there wasn’t much to do but take it to a local cobbler and have it glued back on (luckily, I wasn’t walking around when it happened). After maybe another year of daily wear, one of the soles (leather, not rubber or whatever this is - sorry, am not a shoe guy) had worn through. They told me that was pretty standard for that amount of time and wear. I asked if it was also standard for a heel to fall off after a month. They sent an equally snide reply. I took it back to the cobbler and had sturdy new soles put on.

With those rather dramatic exceptions, I’ve been extremely happy with these. They’re very comfortable, rain-resistant and have broken in beautifully.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I’ve had a pair of these for four or five years (also natural leather, but not hightop like these). After a month or two, one of the heels simply fell off. Oak Street apologized and offered to make it right, but since I was living overseas, there wasn’t much to do but take it to a local cobbler and have it glued back on (luckily, I wasn’t walking around when it happened). After maybe another year of daily wear, one of the soles (leather, not rubber or whatever this is - sorry, am not a shoe guy) had worn through. They told me that was pretty standard for that amount of time and wear. I asked if it was also standard for a heel to fall off after a month. They sent an equally snide reply. I took it back to the cobbler and had sturdy new soles put on.

With those rather dramatic exceptions, I’ve been extremely happy with these. They’re very comfortable, rain-resistant and have broken in beautifully.
I've tried wearing shoes with leather soles before, but I find the lack of traction to be a major drawback, so I haven't worn any enough to wear them through. I don't think I could get used to it. But I have had boots with rubber lug soles rebuilt and like anything else they do wear out with use, but what can you expect?

The Dainite sole on these are supposed to be a good combination of grip and wear resistance according to what I've read about them.

Herman F.

New in Town
I've tried wearing shoes with leather soles before, but I find the lack of traction to be a major drawback, so I haven't worn any enough to wear them through. I don't think I could get used to it. But I have had boots with rubber lug soles rebuilt and like anything else they do wear out with use, but what can you expect?

The Dainite sole on these are supposed to be a good combination of grip and wear resistance according to what I've read about them.
Yeah, the leather soles were a big mistake (I don’t think I even looked at the soles before buying them). I was slipping whenever it rained. My cobbler gave me some with good traction. I have another pair (not Oak Street) with Dainite soles like these, they’re fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112