Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil pull Aero hides

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Ok, share. What special features? No teasing : ) is oil pull heavier ? I was trying to order one with a dirt racer collar but my order hit a snag. I saw a Highwayman but found the HH a bit light.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Ok, share. What special features? No teasing : ) is oil pull heavier ? I was trying to order one with a dirt racer collar but my order hit a snag. I saw a Highwayman but found the HH a bit light.

Oil pull is a little lighter than heavy horsehide - from what I remember, it is 3.5 vs. 4.0 oz.

Here is a related question: is oil pull heavy enough to provide ample protection for riding?

Glad to see this thread started, since I am looking at ordering something in oil pull myself.

moregrayling

New in Town
Aero Oil Pull Horse

Hi All,

I am awaiting delivery of a Cheyenne jacket in oil pull horse hide. I wouldn't mind, if the colour was similar to the jacket shown below from a few pages back.

Has anybody received an Aero garment made from this material recently? If so, would you please be so kind as to post pics? Thank you.

Best
Christian

P1000410.jpg

P1000411.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Hi Christian - welcome to the lounge!
The Halfbelt you've posted just looks for me like Aero's standard heavy brown FQHH - chrome excel tanned horse hide!
But the current oil pull horse hide from Aero is slighty lighter in colour and a bit lighter in weight - you can expect a hide which is about 3,5oz.
Never thought about a double side buckle - looks great - is it your jacket?
Thanks
Windward

Windward

Practically Family
Ups ...just read that UWEZ is the owner of this great HB jacket and realized that its indeed oil pull hh - its different to the oil pull what I've seen...

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Hi All,

I am awaiting delivery of a Cheyenne jacket in oil pull horse hide. I wouldn't mind, if the colour was similar to the jacket shown below from a few pages back.

Has anybody received an Aero garment made from this material recently? If so, would you please be so kind as to post pics? Thank you.

Best
Christian

P1000410.jpg

P1000411.jpg

Very beautiful material! What exactly is the leather?
The days comes my Longhalfbelt, I ordered dark brown. If that also looks like it would be perfect

Greetings :)

UWEZ

New in Town
This is brown oil pull FQHH from Aero. Jacket was made in Q4-2010.
It's 50's Halfbelt with Button-sleeves like the 30's Halfbelt.
Double strap, size 40 with armlength of size 42
Liner Grant Tartan
5 cm leather for hem-protection
Leather is relatively soft from the beginning
Unfortunately PNG is too warm to wear it

Hi Christian - welcome to the lounge!
The Halfbelt you've posted just looks for me like Aero's standard heavy brown FQHH - chrome excel tanned horse hide!

That was my thought also.
The samples of oil pull I have received from Aero...including a sample from a few months back...look to be lighter both in color and weight.
Maybe just the photo...

UWEZ

New in Town
Hi Unwissender,
the leather is a somehow lighter in color than on the photo taken inside. It comes close to RAL 8008 Olive Brown I would say
Gruss
Uwe

Hides are different, batch to batch for sure. My new 50's HBD looks almost russet in the light.
Part of ordering a jacket is the surprise at the hide when you get it. I got bags of samples, and my new jacket is not like the samples to be honest. All good - just saying...

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Hi Unwissender,
the leather is a somehow lighter in color than on the photo taken inside. It comes close to RAL 8008 Olive Brown I would say
Gruss
Uwe

Thanks Uwe. The colour from the leather is difficult topic. My first Aero-Jacket comes the next days. I'm orderet FQHH brown. I am very excited to see how the color will be.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Uwez, do you know if that is from Aero's new version of oil pull or the old batch? I have an A-2 in seal jerky on order with Aero but having seen your pics (along with those from DJgo-cat-go, whose jacket was made from the old batch) I am getting very tempted to send Amanda yet another email asking to change the order to oil pull.

UWEZ

New in Town
The 50's Halfbelt of mine from some posts ago is to my opinion the new batch of oil pull and somewhat more dark than the one before. My A-2 above is just ordinary brown FQHH

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My only leather jacket is an Aero A2 42-15142-P contract model oilpull hh, 1,5 years of allmost daily wear except on hot days:

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

When this jacket arrived I was in despair because when I ordered it, I didn't fully understand this type of leather and it's characteristics.. 1,5 or so years later, I would recommend anyone who can afford another leather jacket, to at least own one.. It's my only leather jacket so I cannot compare it to anything in my wardrobe, but I'm very happy with it. Earlier posts mentioned staining on clothing, this isn't an issue in my case. I've worn white shirts under it, during rainy days.. no problem at all. The leather takes rain very well (this was one of my initial worries..)
Is this a 15142? The pocket flat suggests it's the 1938 contract 1711 with collar stand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy