Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, so what's up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Cheap advertising to people seeking hats

Herzen said:
Anyone able to fill me in on this?: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Custom-Be...in_0?hash=item29fbabad50&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

He's got auctions up for Borsalinos, which he says are worthless crap (still has a reserve, though), and tries to interest you instead in these custom hats. For $2,500. Am I not getting something?

I've seen those listings. I just thought it was a clever bit of advertising since he would never really sell the Borso for a loss (as you mentioned - reserve).

Herzen

One of the Regulars
handlebar bart said:
That's his hustle to get you to buy a fedora from him instead of a supposedly inferior hat.:eusa_doh:

But for $2,500? Forgive me if I'm naive; I am a relative newcomer to the world of custom hats. But I have bought a couple, and I've never heard of $2,500 as a starting price. Maybe because they're Ultra custom...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Herzen said:
But for $2,500? Forgive me if I'm naive; I am a relative newcomer to the world of custom hats. But I have bought a couple, and I've never heard of $2,500 as a starting price. Maybe because they're Ultra custom...

He's a nut

munchausen

One of the Regulars
custom-ary silliness

Herzen said:

Did you see the thread on the $100,000 Brent Black panama? :)

duggap

Banned
There has been other posts regarding this guy. Generally he is banned from the FL and speaking of him is also banned. Now if someone wants to do business with this character, beware. You are on you own. :rage:

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Herzen said:
You're not missing anything here. I've never bought a custom hat and even I know that you can get a nice custom hat for far less than $2500.

M6Classic

One of the Regulars
Not to undercut Gary White, but...

I regularly buy custom hats from Gary and pay a fraction of $2,500. They're not cheap, mind you, but nowhere near $2,500, and he seems to provide the same services as the other guy. Okay, maybe Gary doesn't hire hunters to go out and kill kangaroos for him, but...

Buzz

Herzen

One of the Regulars
duggap said:
There has been other posts regarding this guy. Generally he is banned from the FL and speaking of him is also banned. Now if someone wants to do business with this character, beware. You are on you own. :rage:

Sorry if I brought up a taboo topic. I just came across this and thought it seemed a little... funny.[huh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo