Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Okay, I Can Take It... Me in a Homburg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that you look very natural in a homburg. I do think it begs for a dressed up look; i.e.-a suit and tie. Your last shot dressed up looks distinguished and grand. Well done. If you haven't already, jump onto the Homburg Nation thread.

macfly

Familiar Face
The dents really make the look. I like it. wondering if there is a way to bend the front of a homburg brim down a little ...sort of like a fedora look. does it work? or is it too stiff ...
nice job.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Hmm...

I may give that a try. I was thinking the dents were what was making it work, but I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Anj

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I think, if it's a softer crown, just use the dents to dress it down, but store it without. Then it will be more formal for when you don't want to dress it down. ;)

Everwyck

New in Town
GWD said:
I think it looks great! I think a Homburg warrants a tie and jacket though, I believe it's a bit more formal than a fedora. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

That was my understanding, too- That a Homburg is just below a Tophat on the scale of formality.

It does look good, though!

ryang

New in Town
I have to agree wholeheartedly with the majority here - you look great in a homburg. It fits your face well. Wear it with confidence.

APETH

New in Town
I think the picture of the hat with you in the suit looks the best, by far. No doubt, the suit helps, but as I scroll down the picture the hat is perfect on you even before the suit comes into view.

Goose.

Practically Family
Carlisle Blues said:
Excellent :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Nice hat to wear with attitude. ;)

Either dress up or totally dress down, but, nothing in between.[huh]
That'll be me. I'm usually dressed down but am getting a Homburg for picture day (days where I wear a suit). To the distain of many, I may wearing it with grubbies occassionally...but at least I'll be wearing a decent hat ;). May try it with a snap brim (thanks for that link Lefty).

But it may not work for my mug in any case. But I just "had" to have one to find out.

ryang said:
I have to agree wholeheartedly with the majority here - you look great in a homburg. It fits your face well. Wear it with confidence.
ABSOLUTELY!
In your case Anj, as I stated previously, and others have typed as well...it looks great on you. I know I won't be so lucky.

Would be curious to see it w/o dents though.

From Wikipedia (and of course, we all know everything you read on the internet is true):

In formality, the homburg ranks just below the top hat, and above hats such as the bowler or fedora.
It is appropriate (often with a topcoat) with a stroller, or with black tie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homburg_(hat)

Ande1964

Practically Family
Dents

I tried it without dents, and didn't like it as well. I'll try to get a pic taken soon.

As for the shades, Wil... I can't do it 'cause they ain't mine! That is a picture of my hero, Truman Capote.

Thanks again,
Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24