Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On this day...

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
Reminds me of a Ben Franklin quote

I am grateful for the service of those who helped ensure our liberty. As Ben Franklin said, "those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Robert

That Link

is like a 24 hour news program intro.

I didn't know it was a holiday ... i'm foreign, i just didn't know. So walk 2 miles to work in the stinking sun because no buses were running.

I thought this stuff (memorial for veterans, war dead etc) was done in November.

I agree with the sentiment.

bk

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

-Thomas Jefferson

Have a good memorial day everyone. Let us not forget those who have refreshed the tree.

-Jess

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Sharpie...it IS a time to remember and be grateful. So many forget what it took to make and keep us free..and still does today. My father never talked about his WWII service but he didn't need to speak. His eyes always told his story when questions were asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy