On yer bike!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Mike1973, Oct 23, 2006.

1. "I Found a Basket! its not the exact shape for my bike but sits/fits perfectly, and is in a dark "willow" colour so it looks aged, only $20.00 at one of those cheap outlets (The Reject Shop)"

2. [​IMG]

"Took a 15km ride around Herdsman lake, this settlers cottage is on the trail."

[​IMG]

3. Panache

Panache A-List Customer

Nice find Binkie the new basket works very well with the bike

Cheers

Jamie

4. DanielJones

DanielJones I'll Lock Up

Coveting bicycles...

I was at a sports shop this afternoon with my wife. She was getting some new workout shoes for the gym. So I was ambling around the shop while she did that. They have everything for running, swimming & biking. Well I have a mountain bike already, so I decided to take a peek at the cruiser bicycles there. They have a pretty decent collection and several with a nice vintage flair. A Raleigh had caught mu eye with a creme paint job & brown leather grips and saddle. The saddle even had a faux woody like trim on it.
    Then I went out side to peek at what they hade out there. This one caught my eye immediately. It is called the MP. This is so me.
    [​IMG]
    It is made by Felt Bicycles & it is under their Cruiser line.http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2011/Cruiser/Men-s-3-Spd/MP.aspx

Then I went to the Felt Bicycles web site. Oh man! There are a few more that I must have.

The Twin in British Racing Green.
    [​IMG]

This one is called the 1903.
    [​IMG]
    It reminds me of an Italian cruiser that my Pop had many, many years ago. I might have to poke around the barn and see if my sister had saved it. It would be worth restoring for sure.

I like the looks of these because when we finally move up to the Portland, Oregon area I'd like something like this to pedal around the waterfront area & down town. Plus they are out and out cool looking! :D

Of course the Revolver looks like a vintage board track racing bike. Very cool!
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

Dan

5. DanielJones

DanielJones I'll Lock Up

There are a few others from Felt Bicycles that caught my eye. These are from their Cafe series of bikes.

The Cafe 7
    [​IMG]

The Cafe 8 Deluxe
    [​IMG]

The Cafe 3
    [​IMG]

They all look like they have a cup holder in front of the handle bars. I think that the only thing I would add to any of these bikes, especially the MP, would be a set of panniers or Carradice saddle bags. Who knows what gems you may pick up while out & about or if you need to bring extra water or a coat?

Cheers!

Dan

6. DanielJones

DanielJones I'll Lock Up

Hi Alan! I can't quite make out the make of your bicycle. What is it and the model?

Cheers!

Dan

7. FRASER_NASH

FRASER_NASH One of the Regulars

I love to cycle but just have modern bikes right now. However, this is so wetting my appetitie to go out and get a vintage tourer or an old beat up one that I can work on as a project!! Some of these modern homages are really well done too!! loving this thread for all the pictures and links!

8. CopperNY

CopperNY A-List Customer

our current stable:

[​IMG]

9. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Practically Family

My bike is a 1969 Raleigh Sports 3 speed. I added the Brooks saddle and the Blackburn racks. About a month ago I found a similar era Raleigh Sprite which is basically the same bike, but with a 5 speed derailuer.

10. DanielJones

DanielJones I'll Lock Up

Neat! Thanks for sharing that.

Cheers!

Dan

11. Warden

Warden One Too Many

Hope you do not mind the indulgence, but here are my little two, on their vintage and vintage lookalike tricycles.

[video=youtube;IMleeNaiTEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMleeNaiTEc[/video]

12. So Sweet!

13. James007

James007 Familiar Face

14. Speedster

Speedster Practically Family

That bike is fabulous... What make is it?

15. Speedster

Sounds neat but a picture would be nice...

16. Speedster

Cool video Harry. Those tricycles are fantastic!

17. James007

James007 Familiar Face

it,s made by Manhattan bike's

18. Warden

Warden One Too Many

19. Speedster

Thanks James and Harry.

20. [​IMG]

My delivery bike has no gears and a "Back Peddle" brake should I leave it in original state, or get it fixed, I would hate to run into Mr Plod!