Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
4848563191_00abc01e3a_b.jpg

"Took a 15km ride around Herdsman lake, this settlers cottage is on the trail."

4848564885_1bc694ef6f_b.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Coveting bicycles...

I was at a sports shop this afternoon with my wife. She was getting some new workout shoes for the gym. So I was ambling around the shop while she did that. They have everything for running, swimming & biking. Well I have a mountain bike already, so I decided to take a peek at the cruiser bicycles there. They have a pretty decent collection and several with a nice vintage flair. A Raleigh had caught mu eye with a creme paint job & brown leather grips and saddle. The saddle even had a faux woody like trim on it.
Then I went out side to peek at what they hade out there. This one caught my eye immediately. It is called the MP. This is so me.
MP_3SP_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

It is made by Felt Bicycles & it is under their Cruiser line.http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2011/Cruiser/Men-s-3-Spd/MP.aspx

Then I went to the Felt Bicycles web site. Oh man! There are a few more that I must have.

The Twin in British Racing Green.
TWIN_3SP_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

This one is called the 1903.
1903_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

It reminds me of an Italian cruiser that my Pop had many, many years ago. I might have to poke around the barn and see if my sister had saved it. It would be worth restoring for sure.

I like the looks of these because when we finally move up to the Portland, Oregon area I'd like something like this to pedal around the waterfront area & down town. Plus they are out and out cool looking! :D

Of course the Revolver looks like a vintage board track racing bike. Very cool!
REVOLVER_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
There are a few others from Felt Bicycles that caught my eye. These are from their Cafe series of bikes.

The Cafe 7
CAFE%207_M_PEWTER_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

The Cafe 8 Deluxe
CAFE%208_M_NAVY_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

The Cafe 3
CAFE%203_M_PUTTY_2011_USA_SMALL.jpg

They all look like they have a cup holder in front of the handle bars. I think that the only thing I would add to any of these bikes, especially the MP, would be a set of panniers or Carradice saddle bags. Who knows what gems you may pick up while out & about or if you need to bring extra water or a coat?

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
nobodyspecial said:
I've not posted before, but have lurked in the shadows off and on for a bit. This cycling post got my attention as I recently participated in the Lake Pepin 3 Speed Tour. The tour recreates British bicycle touring in the inter-war years. If you scroll down the menu on the web site and click on "photos from the attic" you will see pictures of this year and prior year's tours. This was my first year riding and it will not be my last as I had a wonderful time.

My own photos, in reverse chronological order, are here. I am in the process of working out a trade for a proper Carradice saddle bag rather than the crappy nylon panniers I used this year.

Here's me ready to leave from home.
3speedtour20070519002.jpg

Here are a few other websites I'll pass along as some of you may enjoy these as well.

If you like to ski on wood cross country skis:
http://www.woodenskis.com/ I was going to ski in the rendevous in Duluth, MN this past winter but a busy life got in the way of fun.

If you like to camp and are interested in vintage camp stoves this is the best web site anywhere:
http://www.spiritburner.com/

If you like vintage backpacking equipment, this site is great:
http://www.oregonphotos.com/Backpacking-Revolution1.html I've been helping Bruce, the site owner, with the content for a couple of years. I collect vintage gear and catalogs and magazines and the like.

I guess that's enough rambling for a first post. Some day I'll get a picture posted of me in my fedora as an avatar.

Best regards,
Alan

Hi Alan! I can't quite make out the make of your bicycle. What is it and the model?

Cheers!

Dan

FRASER_NASH

One of the Regulars
I love to cycle but just have modern bikes right now. However, this is so wetting my appetitie to go out and get a vintage tourer or an old beat up one that I can work on as a project!! Some of these modern homages are really well done too!! loving this thread for all the pictures and links!

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
My bike is a 1969 Raleigh Sports 3 speed. I added the Brooks saddle and the Blackburn racks. About a month ago I found a similar era Raleigh Sprite which is basically the same bike, but with a 5 speed derailuer.

Warden

One Too Many
Hope you do not mind the indulgence, but here are my little two, on their vintage and vintage lookalike tricycles.

[video=youtube;IMleeNaiTEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMleeNaiTEc[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ