Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Precursors to the motorised bicycle (motorcycle) also 'I think' include BSA, Royal Enfield, Rudge, Indian...
I know that at some of the vintage bi cycle fairs I've been to they've had bicycles that have a motor/engine fitted. The start to the evolution...?

Yes! If you look at a bicycle frame, you can see where the idea for the V-Twin engine came from.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just a heads up for the famous L'Eroica vintage cycling challenge this year in the UK. Saves on the usual drive to the Continent and the route takes in the lovely Peak District and Chatsworth House!
I'll be there on my 1938 Saxon this June and a few other TFLers will be on the challenge too!
http://www.eroicabritannia.co.uk

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I was going to ride it myself Paddy, but then I realised a few things namely I don't need to camp as I live very close by, I ride in the Peak often but the biggie was that I was informed by my good lady that it was her grandmothers 90th and 'we' were doing a 40's themed party/weekend for her...so that kyboshed it for me! enjoy it but a bit of advice get some saddle time in as there are some brutal climbs up in the Peak and some scary descents too...maybe next year for me ...hopefully!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
More than welcome to drop by at the campsite Esteban. The course looks punishing enough. On a three speed sturmey archer... Should be challenging!
I'm cycling a 100 miler next month in the Scottish Borders. Again, some very challenging long and steep climbs! Definitely not Sunday saunters.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
That should test it Paddy you wouldn't want it to slip going up a 1 in 4 as it can be quite painful!....the earlier SA hubs and the BSA which was essentially an early SA slip far less than the later types....depending on how the weekend pans out I may be able to get away?

Highlander

A-List Customer
A few photos of me with and on my Cannondale Synapse Road bike... SM Bike.jpg and this one riding McGregor Bike Aug 2013.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
On the road around St. Louis

My friend Lisa and I too a big ride from the Arch down to Forest Park, then South to Tower Park, across to Lafayette Square, then back to the park. She took this photo of me (on my Cannondale Adventure 5 bike), in front of the Great Bike Mural there along side the road... Mural.JPG

botty

Familiar Face
My 'new' ride for the 2014 Velo Anjou vintage. 1952 Holdsworth cyclone with late 1960's, mainly campagnolo, group set.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Love the bottles and handlebar holders. They can be so pricey these days to buy. Looking at getting a blacksmith pal to make me one! Great bike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana