Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ready for L'Eroica!
image.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is a specially brewed Ale for the riders of L'Eroica Britannia! Nice touch eh!! Sorry about quality of photo but I'm camping by gaslight in a field here chaps!
image.jpg

itsbruce

Familiar Face
How is the ride going? I have a few friends on it, including Martin Young (he'll be on a Guvnor) and Jacqui Shannon (a brompton), both from the Tweed Run community.

itsbruce

Familiar Face
Had my tourer bike a few weeks now and added some upgrades.

It's a Hackett Cooper T. First time in years that I've bought an off-the-peg bike, rather than finding a vintage frame and adding components. Still, it's a nce looking bike and fun to ride. And I've already added several components and will be tweaking/replacing others over time...

itsbruce

Familiar Face
No. I bought it immediately after the ride. On the run itself, I was partly in a vintage car (a Morris Minor), partly on a Boris bike and partly on one of my vintage fixies.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Had a late afternoon wander over to L'Eroica event in nearby Bakewell, seriously impressed great stalls with decent vintage stuff including loads of men's stuff at decent prices, some seriously good machinery to oggle over too, spied this whilst there;

2cpztkj.jpg

caught a glimpse of Paddy too looking dapper with his 1938 Saxon.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really...? You should have said hello! There were three of us Floungers there. Loads of photos to follow on my home return. Fantastic cycling country & the hills..."oh 'those' hills!!!"
Thirsty riding in the hot weather though Gents..!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I had all the tribe with me Paddy including a slightly disgruntled granddaughter, maybe next year as I intend to book in early as the event appeared so good...I may even have a stand in one of the marquees cost permitting as I could easily fill one with vintage men's gear and bicycles and parts! Yes the Derbyshire hills are very mean in places with quite a few short sharp shocks as it were, I guess that's why it's called the Peak District.....what we're youre thoughts overall of the event Paddy? It almost cost me dear though as one of the sellers had a delightful French built Cheminaeu cycle from the 1930's at 275 quid that really, really caught my eye!

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Marija! I'm 'here' in Yorkshire at the first stage of TDF...!!!! 'you' know I love my cycling and with the TDF coming to the UK (& Giro D'Italia in Northern Ireland earlier this year) it's been an amazing year for cycling in Britain!!
Hope you have your yellow jersey on as you watch it :)
This is why I'm out of contact these few days!
The atmosphere is GREAT as is the scenery and the weather has been okay for it. LOVING IT..!!!

ALLEZ...ALLEZ...ALLEZ...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy