Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One more, always one more...

Kuro

Practically Family
I am excited to say that I look forward to ordering a Thedi jacket!

I am enjoying my communication with Theodoros, which is currently a once daily occurrence. It looks like all of my requests are a go, green lit etc.

I will, as stated, update as I learn more.

Kuro

Practically Family
Here is where I am currently at.

I looked at many of the current Cafe Racer designs on Thedi's webpage, and I was interested in two of the unlined versions. One was a blue deerskin and one was black HH. I thought I was narrowed in to one of those two options, until I noticed an outlier.

https://thedi-leathers.com/product/mtc-d1279170/

What struck me was the back of the jacket. No yoke. Small action back for the arms. It began to click with me, resonate, can't say why 100% but the back of the jacket I really like, and the front of course is pure CR. A concession here is since it is an action back, it must be a lined jacket. Theodoros said "To be honest a jacket with lining will be easier to wear most of the season. and will not make any issues when the body sweats." I respect that.

Back2.JPG

Here are the list of approved modifications, he has said yes to these requests:

1. Black veg tan HH (black deerskin is not currently available)
2. Remove both chest pockets and add single D-pocket
3. Cuff Zippers on top (or side, perspective depending)
4. Thedi throat latch, but instead of being snapped to the side of the collar, it will have a home somewhere inside the jacket, to keep the collar symmetrical and only have two snaps
5. RIRI solid/star zippers for everything. They don't look like crown zippers, but they don't look like normal zippers either. Same zippers that are used on the jacket in the link above.
6. Theodoros said he would find me "a nice, unique and very interesting lining for your jacket."
7. Black piping on seams

I think that sums it up. Waiting to give him my money now.

Last edited:

Kuro

Practically Family
I gave Theodoros my money this morning to make me a jacket!

As part of the ordering process he asks for six common measurements of your body, and a photo of you facing front and side. Once he has those measurements and the photos he sends a PayPal invoice for the cost to make the jacket and the shipping.

Last edited:
I gave Theodoros my money this morning to make me a jacket!

As part of the ordering process he asks for six common measurements of your body, and a photo of you facing front and side. Once he has those measurements and the photos he sends a PayPal invoice for the cost to make the jacket and the shipping.

Congrats!! And good luck. I look forward to another beautiful Thedi.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Here is where I am currently at.

I looked at many of the current Cafe Racer designs on Thedi's webpage, and I was interested in two of the unlined versions. One was a blue deerskin and one was black HH. I thought I was narrowed in to one of those two options, until I noticed an outlier.

https://thedi-leathers.com/product/mtc-d1279170/

What struck me was the back of the jacket. No yoke. Small action back for the arms. It began to click with me, resonate, can't say why 100% but the back of the jacket I really like, and the front of course is pure CR. A concession here is since it is an action back, it must be a lined jacket. Theodoros said "To be honest a jacket with lining will be easier to wear most of the season. and will not make any issues when the body sweats." I respect that.

View attachment 350562

Here are the list of approved modifications, he has said yes to these requests:

1. Black veg tan HH (black deerskin is not currently available)
2. Remove both chest pockets and add single D-pocket
3. Cuff Zippers on top (or side, perspective depending)
4. Thedi throat latch, but instead of being snapped to the side of the collar, it will have a home somewhere inside the jacket, to keep the collar symmetrical and only have two snaps
5. RIRI solid/star zippers for everything. They don't look like crown zippers, but they don't look like normal zippers either. Same zippers that are used on the jacket in the link above.
6. Theodoros said he would find me "a nice, unique and very interesting lining for your jacket."
7. Black piping on seams

I think that sums it up. Waiting to give him my money now.

That's a great custom order layout! D Pocket on the chest? Man that's definitely going for it! Congrats

Kuro

Practically Family
That's a great custom order layout! D Pocket on the chest? Man that's definitely going for it! Congrats
Yes on the chest, left side wearing it. I let him know if he had any ideas on the shape or placement of the D pocket that I looked forward to seeing his ideas.

The J-100 style board racer I have currently I never use the right pocket, so I wanted a single pocket for this design, and I appreciate the history of the D shaped pocket. Seemed natural to me after seeing LW Buco Rider as inspiration.

Kuro

Practically Family
Theodoros wrote to me today to let me know my jacket was in the process of being made and he had four lining choices for me, which I have attached below. Off the bat, I felt black would be too boring, and I am not a green or brown guy... So the 100% cotton liner in grey was my selection. I liked the texture and how the color looks a bit varied.

I did ask if he lined the pockets and if he did, could the pocket lining be something else, like a wool hounds tooth for contrast. I will update on his response.

CB38F5DD-C845-4F69-8581-8B084A13E69E.JPG 365273B3-9EF3-4441-82A6-CDF4A7120E95.JPG 2763A7A4-10C5-456C-AE1E-DD96B5E41602.JPG 8FD628FF-81D1-4925-9DE7-01DA95DF9900.JPG

Last edited:

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Nice to see that you have ordered Thedi and the progress is going strong, top notch.

Just wondering have you considered Beck 666 by Toys McCoy? They gonna reproduce them this year.

http://chehauchiang.blogspot.com/2018/02/toys-mccoy-freewheelers-real-mccoys.html

Here is a very direct comparison between FW Speedmaster, RMC Buco J-100 and TMC Beck 666. I have tried on Beck 666 when I was in Tokyo, much roomier compared to Speedmaster in the same size.

Kuro

Practically Family
Nice to see that you have ordered Thedi and the progress is going strong, top notch.

Just wondering have you considered Beck 666 by Toys McCoy? They gonna reproduce them this year.

http://chehauchiang.blogspot.com/2018/02/toys-mccoy-freewheelers-real-mccoys.html

Here is a very direct comparison between FW Speedmaster, RMC Buco J-100 and TMC Beck 666. I have tried on Beck 666 when I was in Tokyo, much roomier compared to Speedmaster in the same size.

Thank you.

That is a great article you linked! I used that article some time ago to learn a few things, as the comparison photos etc. was just so good. It helped me understand a little more about Freewheelers and some jacket pattern options. That link was read by me many times!

I most definitely will consider it. I have to admit though. A FW Speedmaster that fit me, would be happiness for me.

But the Beck does have the action back, and having more room is always appreciated.

I was going say that was lightning fast but then noticed you have been at this with Thedi since July. It didn’t feel that long. Still pretty darn fast though. His op is running smooth.

Kuro

Practically Family
So. Got the jacket this afternoon. I do not have words for this post right now because the number of words I do currently have amounts to a full review, which I will save them for that purpose. Otherwise, outstanding. BZ. Nailed it. I could not be happier!

Theodoros knows how to make a jacket, and has a great sense for style. There are so many small ways he communicates that he knows what he is doing. This jacket exceeds my expectations. Teaser photos below. I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

20211127_215108.jpg
20211127_214616.jpg
20211127_212934.jpg
20211127_174553.jpg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
So. Got the jacket this afternoon. I do not have words for this post right now because the number of words I do currently have amounts to a full review, which I will save them for that purpose. Otherwise, outstanding. BZ. Nailed it. I could not be happier!

Theodoros knows how to make a jacket, and has a great sense for style. There are so many small ways he communicates that he knows what he is doing. This jacket exceeds my expectations. Teaser photos below. I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

View attachment 382813 View attachment 382814 View attachment 382815 View attachment 382816
WOW. This is what perfection looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112