Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OOOPS! (a gallery of jackets that weren't right)

As suggested in another thread, here is a gallery of mistakes! (just for fun)

I'll start.
Aero 30s half-belt
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.40.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.40.32 AM.png
I was so happy to win my first Aero on ebay! This was before Carrie had started showing us what a good fit looked like. It was a 42, and now I wear a premium fit 38.....Ooops! :oops:

Last edited:

SinSir

A-List Customer
Theres a long list of jackets that didn't work..Thankfully I dont have pics of some back in the day. That said, the jacket I wanted to work the MOST but just didn't. It was much much worse than this pic in real life. Aero steerhide highwayman zip. I'm going to guess more of us than not have made an aero fitment mistake. The hide was steller but @ton312 talked me off the ledge to have it altered. Thanks again buddy! Still one of my favorite hides though.

Also @Bennarion thanks for being honest and letting me know it looked like crap! I wanted this one to work but sadly it didn't

Screenshot_20200324-143509_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
fUBUJk4.jpg

My sheepskin, it is a sheepskin( i learned not to be racist), came as carrot orange (turned tan over the years), the collar was wrong from what i ordered with huge neck hole (i glued it inward), it has waist adjuster tab without extra snaps to adjust to (still annoys me), shoulder is too wide but the sleeve is too short ( i call it design feature)
I still have it and wear it.

brand new pic ( I found in one of my external drives)
N1wIsHV.jpg

I learned a lot about unconditional love and forgiveness when opening the totebag (still the only jacket I have came in a tote)

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is my first submission to the thread:
98855F06-DAA5-49FF-909A-064CD59A91AE.jpeg

Carrie told me that a size 44 would be perfect for my Teamster but I INSISTED on a 46. I kind of look like David Byrne wearing his big suit in Stop Making Sense.
This was also one of the first Aero jackets around here in Midnight blue CXL (at the time Thurston was still calling it Navy blue). I was not particularly impressed with the color of the hide, it looks more gunmetal gray or black than blue, rather boring actually. Later batches have been much nicer and I am tempted to try again someday.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Growing up in The Village in NYC in the 60s, there were some tough guys we called "the boys" that we both feared and admired, who wore these long black leather jackets. I was trying to re-create a memory with this jacket. Some of the old GAP stuff isn't too bad for the money, but this was pretty boxy so I gave it away when I moved to the island. No fit pics left, thank goodness.
IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7059.jpeg
    IMG_7059.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 606

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Here is my first submission to the thread:
View attachment 222464
Carrie told me that a size 44 would be perfect for my Teamster but I INSISTED on a 46. I kind of look like David Byrne wearing his big suit in Stop Making Sense.
This was also one of the first Aero jackets around here in Midnight blue CXL (at the time Thurston was still calling it Navy blue). I was not particularly impressed with the color of the hide, it looks more gunmetal gray or black than blue, rather boring actually. Later batches have been much nicer and I am tempted to try again someday.
Never argue with Carrie.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Never argue with Carrie.
Oh I know that now!
They say that some lessons you have to learn the hard way and an expensive ill fitting jacket is a hard thing to swallow indeed. I have ordered two more custom jackets with Carrie following that experience and I listened to her guidance on both of those occasions. Live and learn.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Oh I know that now!
They say that some lessons you have to learn the hard way and an expensive ill fitting jacket is a hard thing to swallow indeed. I have ordered two more custom jackets with Carrie following that experience and I listened to her guidance on both of those occasions. Live and learn.
Let that be a lesson to all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider