Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open crown delights

With the Chief's permission...

Stetson 100...

OpenCrown-26.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Knox Twenty - probably my favorite unbashed hat pic, this one had hardly been worn. It was too tight, and at the time I was afraid to put the stretcher to a minty hat:

Knox20TanUnb.jpg

Stetson Boss Raw Edge Nutria

BossNutriaAfterUnbMed.jpg

Stetson No. 1

StetsonNo1SideUnB.jpg

Schoble Spinner

SchobleSideUnB.jpg

Stetson Avenue Vitafelt

AvenueSideUnB.jpg

Wekony Custom. Also too tight and too pristine to stretch.

WekonySide.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
The Knox 20 is gorgeous, but i'm in love with these 2.

The Wekony is one of the highest quality hats I've owned, but too small. I ended up selling it on ebay for around $40. The Schoble was one of my favorites from the moment I opened the box - it looked like a brand new hat that had just been crammed into a box. The crowning moment is always when you put it on your head and it either fits or doesn't - giant smile or massive frown. lol

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
W :eek: W! What size was it?

Just consulted my spreadsheet: Tagged 7 1/8, 22 1/4" circumference. Sold for $64.59, so it did okay for an under-7.25 hat, but I am sure the recipient was thrilled.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Scott, if that Knox 20 is a true 7 1/8, and you have no use for it... I think there's always room for me to squeeze another hat in my collection... ;)

This Akubra Down Under had the typical Akubra teardrop crease with center bubble but appeared to have good straight blocking to take back open crown. I flattened the RE brim & took it back to open crown. Was going to use a tone on tone mid ribbon but lately have been dropping on this 1920's horsehair & like the contrast.

FullSizeRender.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

FullSizeRender.JPG

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

Sexy Rexy

Familiar Face
Knox Twenty - probably my favorite unbashed hat pic, this one had hardly been worn. It was too tight, and at the time I was afraid to put the stretcher to a minty hat:

Knox20TanUnb.jpg

Stetson Boss Raw Edge Nutria

BossNutriaAfterUnbMed.jpg

Stetson No. 1

StetsonNo1SideUnB.jpg

Schoble Spinner

SchobleSideUnB.jpg

Stetson Avenue Vitafelt

AvenueSideUnB.jpg

Wekony Custom. Also too tight and too pristine to stretch.

WekonySide.jpg
Love the Boss... it may fit my head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ