Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Alessandrias have been updated and we are ready to roll.

Jeff

Jeff, I understand that you have this color made for you, but $315 compared to Bencraft's $260 is a little hard to justify. Plus your picture doesn't look like "silver belly", it looks like just another tan.

Good luck, and I mean that. But not for me at that price.

Tom

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Tom sorry I missed your post. Yes Borsalino's Silverbelly is on the tan side I don't care for it much as silverbelly, but as I learned when I first started in sales many years ago if you only sold what you liked yourself you would starve. The Charcoal Grey is very nice though from Borsalino.

Jeff
Jeff, I understand that you have this color made for you, but $315 compared to Bencraft's $260 is a little hard to justify. Plus your picture doesn't look like "silver belly", it looks like just another tan.

Tom

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Tom sorry I missed your post. Yes Borsalino's Silverbelly is on the tan side I don't care for it much as silverbelly, but as I learned when I first started in sales many years ago if you only sold what you liked yourself you would starve. The Charcoal Grey is very nice though from Borsalino.

Jeff

Let me tell you, I have all of the grey hats that I can stand.

Actually, I'm at a point where I'm looking for more "exotic" colors. I have four different shades of grey, a few different shades of tan, navy blue, cadet blue, burgundy, bluegrass green, a lighter green that was sold as taupe (uh...), and a sort of rust-colored Stratoliner recently snagged from ebay.

I'm on the hunt for a true taupe in the thin ribbon with bound edge. I'm also interested in the new Stratoliner in Tawny.

Tom

bartcubb

New in Town
I see Matt D. Also responded to my inquiry on the Stetson Facebook page about the Runabout.

Matt Deckard Tough cotton sweatband which takes all elements, and 2 1/4" brim for easy travel. Unlined to help with rolling up. Tough as they come with a great memory that allows the hat to pop back into shape after being rolled up and in luggage on a bit of a trip. I like the fact that it gets softer and softer with age. Dressy enough for a suit yet tough enough for the weather.

The Runabout also looks to be available at Hats in the Belfry now.

bartcubb

New in Town

Tom

It may just be the lighting, but I have a silverbelly Alessandria from Bencraft Hatters that appears much lighter than the shade on Delmonico's website. Maybe two different production runs? Bencraft doesn't list silverbelly on their website but you may want to give them a call and see what they have in stock.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There are colors such as Taupe( in Italian Monlov) that are difficult to photograph. They also come in different every time. We can get two or three deliveries a year from Borsalino and each group will look different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic