Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
Yup, these new hat look amazing and I will pick up each in the near future! If I have any gripe at all, would be the color pallet, or the lack of, wish these had a bit more in the range of colors, blues, greens, reds, or shades thereof. But we get what the market will bear. oh well that's what custom hats do, fill in the gaps!
But I digress! Bravo to Stetson for stepping up and delivering a knockout line of hats!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Jeff emailed me as well the other day about the Mink.
Like fine wine got to take time, Im sure its worth waiting on.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm definitely interested in a mink color Strat. Since it's open crown (and I already have an OR/Strat in silverbelly), I could do a cattleman crease with the fedora snapbrim, and have a very unusual OR. You don't see many of those in medium or dark brown.

Is the mink color as dark as the mink Stetson does the Temple in? Sort of milk chocolate color?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I'm definitely interested in a mink color Strat. Since it's open crown (and I already have an OR/Strat in silverbelly), I could do a cattleman crease with the fedora snapbrim, and have a very unusual OR. You don't see many of those in medium or dark brown.

Is the mink color as dark as the mink Stetson does the Temple in? Sort of milk chocolate color?

I have not seen the hat in mink as of yet. However Stetson does keep the colors the same through styles.

Jeff

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Jared,
hope to bump into you wearin this when your sportin the black Strat...Amigo !
I know were close locally
My dream hat has arrived scored it from Mr. Lucky
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5438%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A7992%3A7825%3Aot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3979%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A7992%3A8525%3Aot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv473%3Enu%3D36%3B6%3E868%3E%3B43%3E27%3A7868%3C3425%3Aot1lsi

Im waiting on the mink but would love to find the same vintage Vita felt "Stratoliner type" in mink
I almost went for the black Stratoliner when I called Jeff at Delmonico but changed my mind & chose the mink,
good thing I did so as this vintage jewel came up..

a little steam & brushing & im there !
che:cool:

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Che, that's a real beauty!

I almost ordered the black Strat too when I called Jeff but went with the mink instead. However, I have a feeling if these hats turn out to be as nice as they look in the pictures I will probably order a black one too!

tommyK

One Too Many
cornhilltawny2_zps22419573.jpg
To more clearly show the difference between Stetsons Cornhill and Tawny.
They are similar light browns but the Tawny is a little olive and the Cornhill is a little more orange. as was stated earlier there can always be batch variation as well.

By the way I've played with my crease and did the distilled water spray soak to facilitate shaping. The hat suffered no ill effects (no dimpling or tapering) from being very wet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic