Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
None, cause HatCo don't do LO anymore...

Have to ask you, compared to the hats that at one time were being sold off from the last run of Biltmores (all those Open Road style hats) do you think the felt on these new Stetsons are about the same or maybe a bit nicer? Daniel purchased one of those Biltmores from our good friend Landman and the felt is nice sort of a middle weight felt feeling to it. But far from being that smooth creamy feeling that most of the vintage hats and far from the newest hat we had made by TonyB. Tony's hat felt is by far the smoothest and feels like cream. (Tony will get more business from us in the future, no doubt about it).

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It sounds like you have found a great technique. Glad to hear, he has started to re-build his shoe collection. I take that as a sign, he's still getting stronger :)

Actually his shoe stash is has been sort of steady as they get sold off a few at a time and then I find something new (to us) for him to have. I put on a pair of Red Wing boots that are perhaps from the 1960's never worn for him to wear yesterday for the Doctor's trip. He has maybe 20 or so pairs of those boots in their original boxes, and a few more less vintage.

hubbit

New in Town
I have been informed that we will soon be able to take orders for this new Color. I'll keep you all informed as to when you can start.

Jeff

I'm totally on board with this in Caribou. I really wish Hatco would make it available in Mink as well, because I think it would look really stunning. As it is, my wife informed me that my Tawny arrived about an hour and a half ago. Can't wait to get home from work and open the box! :)

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I'm totally on board with this in Caribou. I really wish Hatco would make it available in Mink as well, because I think it would look really stunning. As it is, my wife informed me that my Tawny arrived about an hour and a half ago. Can't wait to get home from work and open the box! :)
I think you will really enjoy the hat. Post pics when you can.

hubbit

New in Town
I think you will really enjoy the hat. Post pics when you can.

I plan to. Haven't shaped it yet, but oh my gosh that felt is buttery. I've never felt a hat like this.

Surprisingly, it's really large. I wear a 62 in Akubra just fine, but the Stetson hits my ears. Thankfully, I have some soft foam I put under the sweatband; with luck the sweatband will shrink with wear and the hat will fit without help.

hubbit

New in Town
Here is my brand new Stetsonian, fresh from DelMonico.

BkK8ybgCQAA04rR.jpg

As it came from the box

BkLAlBgCMAAnUsw.jpg

Trying it on just to see if it fits (this is post-foam-insert under the sweatband)

BkLkpHHCYAAQrGo.jpg BkLko_hCQAAj75C.jpg BkLkpH8CcAABKLc.jpg

Post denting and creasing. As you might imagine, I like a solid pinch in the front.

I have never really gotten the hang of preserving those stovepipe-straight sides while shaping the hat, but I'm rather pleased with how this one is coming. Needs a bit of fine tuning, but I'm going to let it dry and wear it around for a bit.

Overall, I'm very impressed. The felt seems to be a fairly heavy weight, but the hat itself is amazingly supple. The texture of the brim is strikingly similar to chamois. I really like this hat.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Looks nice. The felt is a bit thicker than the Premiere Strat, but they both have a very nice feel. Enjoy your new hat!

Banky

One of the Regulars
Your center dent is too deep if you're trying not to make the hat taper as in your pics. making it more shallow will help or a teardrop/diamond tends to help avoid taper like that as well.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not Open Crown- But New Stetson

Number Forty-Seven
folder ordered today, looks like they are moving fast (according to the Amazon reckoning of the inventory) & I didn't wanna miss the boat. It looks very functional if it performs as advertised. Kinda steep dollah' for a shantung, but I dunno much about it, grades, qualities & such, the Stetson Reward looks nice too, a shantung at half the price, so I expect there is a difference, eh?

When it rains...

...then I perambulate over to ePay to find this gen-U-wine vintage Panama Stetson OR

at an irresistible BIN, so now it's on the way too! :eek:

Duper

Practically Family

If you google Stetson Forty Seven Foldable there is a Vimeo video of the hat being rolled up for travel.

I have my eye on this one as well, but the shipping costs to Canada slowed me down a bit and then the 7 1/8th sizes dropped of the ordering menu. Hopefully they will replenish them.

Rick Blaine

If you google Stetson Forty Seven Foldable there is a Vimeo video of the hat being rolled up for travel.

I have my eye on this one as well, but the shipping costs to Canada slowed me down a bit and then the 7 1/8th sizes dropped of the ordering menu. Hopefully they will replenish them.

Canada Post employs a single, asthmatic, anemic tortoise on most of its routes. And he is not getting any younger.

I also very much like the Stetson Orienter Straw Hat, but wonder about quality as they are sizes only s,m,lg,exl.

I should certainly hope Hatco would refill & replenish stocks.
But I ain't counting on them. Some of these Texas brush-poppers, living near Garland,
are already seeing Stetsonians at the outlet, dunno about any straws or strats though.
After all we are less than two weeks into spring yet
... likely time for the fall-winter line to come out, eh? :eusa_doh:

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
That'll get the wallet opened up! I have several silver belly ORs and OR types. I don't really need another...but one like up the Stetsonian I bought last November, I'd have yo go for it.

bartcubb

New in Town

Hatcountry appears to be offering this hat too, although at a higher price and longer wait.

If anyone has this hat now, I would love to hear about how breathable the material is, especially compared to a natural straw. I've considered ordering this hat but wondered if it's better to pay more for the genuine panama version.

Rick Blaine

Hatcountry appears to be offering this hat too, although at a higher price and longer wait.

If anyone has this hat now, I would love to hear about how breathable the material is, especially compared to a natural straw. I've considered ordering this hat but wondered if it's better to pay more for the genuine panama version.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. :D
I will report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24