Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
The brim and crown are as advertised. I'll measure it when I get home, but here is a photo of me testing it out a couple of days ago.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, RC, the 47 looks way better when its being worn than in the website pics.

How is the quality of the straw? Am I right in thinking it's a Shantung or other material, rather than being a Panama? I can see having a good, packable straw hat could be really useful.

tommyK

One Too Many
tumblr_n3o1y5W5tY1r91qw7o1_1280.jpg
Good standard looking lid

Roan

One of the Regulars
^
I like that one a LOT!! I've always been a fan of light grey hats and, that one has exceptional proportions.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you ever get your Forty Seven foldable, Rick? How do you like it?

Pls. forgive the lateness of my reply. It is hella busy at work & I am runnin' around like a head with it's chicken cut off.

Short answer - Yes w/ a but & No w/ an if.
I prefer the toquilla straw model.
I am finding the brim on the folder difficult to 'snap' to my satisfaction, although I have had the same problem w/ toquilla straw hats as well, I am not sure if is the material or what?

Great proportions, fit is spot on.
The finish is indifferent -my bow is about 1/2" too far forward.
[huh] >meh< [huh]

bartcubb

New in Town
Pls. forgive the lateness of my reply. It is hella busy at work & I am runnin' around like a head with it's chicken cut off.

Short answer - Yes w/ a but & No w/ an if.
I prefer the toquilla straw model.
I am finding the brim on the folder difficult to 'snap' to my satisfaction, although I have had the same problem w/ toquilla straw hats as well, I am not sure if is the material or what?

Great proportions, fit is spot on.
The finish is indifferent -my bow is about 1/2" too far forward.
[huh] >meh< [huh]

Thanks for the update, Rick. So a mix of good and not-so-good, as is often the case with modern hats. I may give it a try yet, I don't know. Luckily it's still cool enough here to put off the decision for a while.

John T. Sarto

Familiar Face
Hello everyone, I am new to the lounge and would like to throw out this question. Is there a way to find out positively if the caribou stratoliner is, or will be, coming out with lighter colored ribbon? I have been considering ordering one the caribous from Delmonico Hatter but will hold off if the light colored ribbon version will be available shortly.

tommyK

One Too Many
they're in at Delmonicos so hopefully someone will post a pic.
tumblr_n3s1rwoxHP1r91qw7o1_500.jpg
I think this one is a taupe/grey with silverbelly colored ribbon not the current caribou color. I'm guessing it's another prototype Mr. Deckard is tempting us with.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Hello everyone, I am new to the lounge and would like to throw out this question. Is there a way to find out positively if the caribou stratoliner is, or will be, coming out with lighter colored ribbon? I have been considering ordering one the caribous from Delmonico Hatter but will hold off if the light colored ribbon version will be available shortly.

On Delmonico's website the Caribou Strat is shown with a black ribbon. I should know soon, as mine is tracking for arrival tomorrow. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I may keep the black ribbon or have it changed, depending on whether I like the look. A lighter gray ribbon may just work. I don't think anyone is certain whether they will offer a lighter-ribboned version on the Caribou Strat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy