Open Road/Shaping

Discussion in 'Hats' started by MFASR, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Like Gorbachev wearing his backwards all day, & Reagan not pointing it out to him.

IMG_4656.JPG

hatsRme, BobHufford, Rmccamey and 5 others like this.
  2. quikrick

quikrick Practically Family

*PRICELESS*

3. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Good, it's not just me. You'd think Stoney Burke would know how to wear a cowboy hat!

Bamaboots likes this.
  4. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Actually, his hat was only on backwards for a few scenes in the first 12 minutes or so. The shooting schedule must have been so hectic that no one noticed, not even Jack-o. If anyone wishes to watch the episode in question.
    No need to thank me, it's what I do. :D
    Beginning.
    Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 19.21.26.png
    Middle
    Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 19.23.25.png
    End.
    Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 19.25.12.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    hatsRme, BobHufford, T Jones and 2 others like this.
  5. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

I might make up a hat and put a bow on both sides and then watch someone make up a thread about it. :D

6. MFASR

MFASR New in Town

WoW! Now THAT'S a nice hat. Churchill is the brand and they use the model name Rancher, as well?

Bamaboots likes this.
  7. MFASR

MFASR New in Town

Wagon Train was never as good as when Ward Bond was in it! :-D
    And if a Cartwright boy on Bonanza ever fell in love, ya knew she'd croak within the hour!

hatsRme, Frunobulax and BobHufford like this.

8. I’ve been looking for a Churchill 50 or 100 for years. They are not common hats and haven’t been made for quite a while.

Rmccamey likes this.
  9. Snowman

Snowman One of the Regulars

The dent in mine is not intentional. It’s a “character mark” from age and weakness in the felt. I’ve thought about steaming and reshaping it, but I kinda like it. F3AB3786-F427-40D1-B95A-8FC8CD239FD5.jpeg

10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Thank you. Yes, sir, it is and they did. Churchill is a brand that in the beginning was produced by Resistol for and sold exclusively by Newman Marcus.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. RBH

RBH Bartender

Most [not all] prop hats used in film have no sweat band. This allows the hat to be worn by most any actor regardless of head size. That said....people that normally do not wear hats have no idea if it is on wrong or not.

12. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

True in many cases, but my hat fetish also has me trying to peek inside some of the hats when the interior momentarily appears. Most seem to have a sweatband. Most also seem to be unlined.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  13. glider

glider One of the Regulars

Not an Open Road, actually the hat in my sig. I cut the brim down to O.R. size and I really like how it turned out. WIN_20210416_15_54_40_Pro.jpg

johnnycanuck, BobHufford and jlee562 like this.