Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Fit

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Looks great, i wouldn't change a thing.
As others have said, this isn't supposed to be a tight coat, you shoudl be able to layer comfortably under it.

I have a 42 LW Peacoat, it fits well, but with a bit of room like yours fit.
My brother has a size 40 LW peacoat, it fits, it looks better in pictures, but it isn't as comfortbale to wear, it fits a bit tight, i prefer mine.

IMO these car coats need a bit of room in them.

Edward

Bartender
Too big for sure. I also think that this is a tough style to get right because you do not want it too tight either.

Yeah, that's the trick. IMO, too many people go to the extreme of getting a style like this to fit like a cafe racer, which looks all wrong and greatly limits it. This one doesn't look too off to me until I see the side shots - there's clearly a lot of room in the body. I would not want a jacket this length/style that I couldn't get a fairly chunky sweater under, but while this is a utilitarian style I do think works better a little 'boxy', I think OP could work a size or two down. May be worth trying other styles too if that doesn't work. I'm not familiar with this pattern, but I have encountered other jackets that are boxy-by design where some folks will try to size down two or more sizes to try and get a slimmer fit, and it never looks quite right (as distinct from a jacket that is cut slim by design).

Edward

Bartender
So .... i agreed with the general consensus of the forum that the originally purchased HEMI 40R was too big. In speaking with Stuart, he felt sizing down to a 38R would be the perfect fit, with the addition of tapering about 1" at the waist. I just received the LW Hemi in a size 38R and would appreciate your thoughts on fit. I'd prefer to not weigh in on fit and functionality so as not to bias your opinions. Thanks in advance.

That's the birdy, bang on. Excellent fit.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
You got the fit right this time. It looks like it should and it looks good. Imo you should not go for a tighter fit in this style. As others have said, it’s not a cafe racer and shouldn’t fit like a cafe racer.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the new coat looks great! I would not size down because I fear it would be too tight through the shoulders and body.
I think you hit a home run this time, wear this coat and enjoy it!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to have missed this thread to now, and glad to see the new 38R works so well! I will mirror the consensus that you don't want it too tight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner