Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on H&M cotton khaki suit

StanleyVanBuren

The H&M cotton khaki suit has become the H&M linen suit which I think is much better. It is also a 34R jacket and 30W trousers but the fit seems better. I'm loving this new suit:

linensuit1.jpg

linensuit2.jpg

Although I think I won't combine it with my high-collar shirt from now on. It's just what I had on at the time. Oh well.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Stanley, "Our man in Havanna"

People will mistake you at Havanna Airport as the MI6 field officer out there!! Just need the Panama Stanley!! "Shaken-Not stirred!"

StanleyVanBuren

PADDY said:
People will mistake you at Havanna Airport as the MI6 field officer out there!! Just need the Panama Stanley!! "Shaken-Not stirred!"

Haha, nice. Though I might have issues getting there due to my country of origin...

Baron Kurtz said:
Sorry. 34R? I'd always imagined you much bigger . . .

bk

Yep. Most of my suits are 36R as this is the smallest size commonly available, but the 34R is a better fit.

I'm 5'10", but very skinny, usually somewhere between 120 and 130lbs.

Jovan

Suspended
StanleyVanBuren said:
Although I think I won't combine it with my high-collar shirt from now on. It's just what I had on at the time. Oh well.
If you could find a higher collar with a normal spread, you'd be doing great.

This one does indeed fit much better.

Jay

Practically Family
That looks great! Color, fit, all of it, though I agree about the buttons being switched out. Maybe it justs the way it looks on my laptop, though.

Jovan

Suspended
I don't see what's wrong with the buttons. They look perfectly suited to a linen suit in that colour. Maybe they're not as exclusive as MOP or horn, but they look fine.

The problem with the buttons is that the eye is drawn to them inexorably. It's hard to look at anything else. They're just not subtle enough; just a touch too dark.

linensuit1.jpg

[note how much "better" (obviously this is down to personal impressions) it looks on the pic when you can't see the buttons. The eye is drawn to the face; always the best effect - i would argue that this is the entire point of menswear.]

linensuit2.jpg

bk

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
This suits you much better, SVB. (Pun intended.)

The lighter fabric color and tie choice are smart. I do agree about the buttons -- they make the suit a bit less serious and more casual. Personally, I find them distracting. All in all, a great value though.

Jovan

Suspended
I can see what you mean, but honestly I find myself agreeing more with what KittyT said about the tie knot distracting from his winning smile in the other thread.

StanleyVanBuren

BK -- I totally see what you're saying.

I think they may look better in daylight, so I'll try to post a photo taken outside next time I wear the suit.

If the look is the same, I'll probably consider switching them out.

StanleyVanBuren

slicedbread said:
Stanley, is it the photo that makes the suit look shiny or is it the actual fabric??

The suit? That's gotta be the flash from the camera. Although the suit is 55% silk and 45% linen, so... it could be a little shiny but I think the photo probably exaggerates it due to the flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran