Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Silk Sportcoat

StanleyVanBuren

Here's the deal. I really like one of the looks I see in issue #1 of Classic Style. I know you all have it, so take a look at page 68, the guy on the far left.

Here's the thing, as much as I like this look, I don't think there's any way I could afford the actual piece.

What I have found is this:

http://www.josbank.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=85487

Now, I'm thinking this in gold might come close. What do you think, am I close or am I totally off?

And what is the general consensus on silk sportcoats in general? I hadn't given any thought to them until I ran across this one.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I am liking the gold silk jacket and I think the one you found will be a good equivilant of the one in CS. Very nice jacket for spring and summer.

Brooksie

Marty M.

Vendor
Silk Knots not?

That's a nice blazer for that price. My guess is that it's made off shore. So that's about what the price should be. I do recall that you're a very lean guy. You'll probably require alterations. Find out what and how much alterations will run you before you purchase it. Good luck.
Marty

StanleyVanBuren

Marty M. said:
That's a nice blazer for that price. My guess is that it's made off shore. So that's about what the price should be. I do recall that you're a very lean guy. You'll probably require alterations. Find out what and how much alterations will run you before you purchase it. Good luck.
Marty

Very true. I'm definitely going to have to visit a store to see how their sizes fit me before I buy. It's very annoying how so many stores offer nothing below a size 38 these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner