Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this suit

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
KObalto said:
"Um.....that's my size. Thanks for the tip!"
Lou Miri is a very helpful salesman there. He's checking the other stores for a 42 regular for me. If you call him, I'm sure he'll have the 46 shipped to your store. Tell him it's the same suit Mr. Osborn was looking for, different size. The # is (410) 625-0971.

Excellent. Thanks for the legwork!!

pgoat

One Too Many
WARNING WARNING! DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!

KObalto said:
and all the 1818 line of suits are on sale, most, including the one pictured, for $588. Not quite half price, but not bad. If you open a BB charge and use that, you save an additional 10%. Pickings were somewhat slim, though.

Just fyi, if you use that BB card, you will keep getting rewards cards in the mail - tempting you to go back and spend more!:rolleyes:

I now own pretty much every white shirt that BB makes (all cotton ones, anyway)

Not to piss on anyone's parade, but it looks like a pretty standard suit to me.

I note that the hands of the are hiding the bottom of the front panels of the waistcoat - the one feature of most suits with which i have a significant, consistent beef.

As for comparisons with J. Stewart's suit: Come on now, smell the salts.

bk

Thanks for that. The points of the waistcoat are of a very standard type.

I just don't see the appeal of Brooks Brothers. Dropping $500-$600 on something that you can get elsewhere for much cheaper. I've never encountered a BB product that's better than the worst Online tailoring fiasco i've ever seen. Boring boring boring . . . Over-rated incarnate.

bk

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Check the 1818 line this comes from

This is my first BB suit but this one sang to me from their window. It appears well-made, is made of a very nice wool and fit me so well that I only had to have the pants hemmed. Most of the other stuff in the store was not drawing me (although the navy linen suit they have on clearance on the website might prove an exception).

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Okay

I wore this suit for the first time yesterday and it is definitely the nicest I have ever owned (and I've had a couple Italian designer models). I don't own any vintage but have noted the comments here about the desirability of high arm holes and did not understand them until now. The arm holes are very high on this suit and the way it makes the jacket conform to your body is phenomenal. I work as a lawyer and a new suit doesn't necessarily draw many comments but this one did. Many people wanted to know where I got it, etc.

Jovan

Suspended
KObalto said:
I don't own any vintage but have noted the comments here about the desirability of high arm holes and did not understand them until now. The arm holes are very high on this suit and the way it makes the jacket conform to your body is phenomenal.
worthlesswithoutpics

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:

I just don't see the appeal of Brooks Brothers. Dropping $500-$600 on something that you can get elsewhere for much cheaper. I've never encountered a BB product that's better than the worst Online tailoring fiasco i've ever seen. Boring boring boring . . . Over-rated incarnate.

bk

Well put.

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:

bk

What the heck is an "Online tailoring fiasco"? I own probably a dozen Brooks Brothers suits and have always been happy with them.

Jovan

Suspended
Can we see pictures of the armholes in action? I truly must see for myself if they've improved this aspect of their clothing (since I did write to them about it once).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot