Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Fur Felt Fedora 7 5/8 Black for sale

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181273503619?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Extra rare Optimo hat in rare size and color. Optimo makes the finest hats
in the world, hat maker to the stars - as seen in Public Enemies, Road To
Perdition, Sea Biscuit, etc. This particular style retails for over $1100 new. It is marked as a
true 7 5/8, it can be sized to fit anywhere from 7 3/8 to 8.

The Dimensions of this hat are ideal, and right in the pocket for the classic fedora.
brim= 2", standard optimo crown = 5+ ", ribbon =2". The block is what
Optimo calls the "Chicago" see here (http://www.optimohats.com/#/hats/68/)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Is there a mark in the 1000s to indicate that quality level? I ask, because 2 of the other hats you have for sale are listed as 100% beaver and they are certainly not 100% beaver.

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Thank you for your observation, I appreciate your input. These hats have been verified. If you question the quality of these hats, I advise you not to bid on them. Have a great night.

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Please read the adds entirely on the cav and churchill, as they have been verified. The Optimo is beaver, the melusine "long hair beaver" is just that. As i said before if you question these hats, please do not bid. I have sold over 50 hats on ebay, and many to members, and my feedback is 100 %. Simply put, I aim to please. Please message me moving forward, i would appreciate it. Have a great night. All the best. -oldschool

They are all beautiful hats. For the sake of our membership, and the learning we all seek here, please be so kind as to explain how DO we verify 100% beaver content in our beloved lids?

Thank you kindly for your response!

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Great question Hatsme. And the answer simply put is "what do you get your great grandfather for xmas" - DEPENDS>
being in chicago, i gather knowledge from a very well established hatter who has been around. He'll be the first to tell you, there is no standard, and the standards of yesterday, are not even close to todays. Generally speaking, the older the hat, the higher the quality. It is nearly impossible to determine the exact % of beaver in an old hat. Some say the number on the hat, which for some brands was the price of the hat. For example the Churchill ltd 35, some say it has 35. Some say it has 35 % beaver, when in reality it was the price of the hat when it came out. Hats that sport 10x and 100x and so on could be the same depending on manufacturer. An optimo wild hare and beaver hat would blow the doors off a stetson 10 x 20x 30x, xxxx ect. I have seen and felt them both. I know what goes into my optimo hats because i buy from the source. A stetson el presidente, which is supposedly a 100% beaver hat feels like crap to me. it may be beaver, but its stiff as a board. If you want a 100 % beaver hat buy an optimo long hair, or an heirloom. The rest is speculation, but you will pay for it. lastly, in order to call a hat 100 % beaver, it doesn't have to be 100 % beaver. chew on that a while, ....kinda like wine blends. confused? so are we all.

Still don't see an answer to how you had these hats "verified". Heirloom from Optimo is NOT always 100% beaver according to the hatter himself. He has mink added in, so it can be 100% belly beaver fur or a BLEND of beaver & mink.
Your statements of your authority lose validity with each post you add. 100% feedback on ebay is not a yardstick of authority nor how many hats you sold that folks didn't complain about.
You've been a member for over 3 years with only 28 posts, so hopefully you've been reading enough over that time to know such claims will be challenged around here.
X's mean what the folks that put the X's on the hats want it to mean. Stating the obvious still doesn't cover how you had the hats' beaver content "VERIFIED"...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, the Cav and the Churchill have lost a little beaver and are now listed as blends.

backpedaling34.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
Questions about 'verified felt composition' left aside for the moment, I'm curious to know how a true 7-5/8 can be resized to fit anyone in the range 7-3/8 to 8, which flies in the face of everything I (and everyone else on the lounge) knows about hats. How much would this magic resizing add to the price?

insomniac

New in Town
Questions about 'verified felt composition' left aside for the moment, I'm curious to know how a true 7-5/8 can be resized to fit anyone in the range 7-3/8 to 8, which flies in the face of everything I (and everyone else on the lounge) knows about hats. How much would this magic resizing add to the price?

To shrink it, just toss it in the dryer on high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran