Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Mink Fedora. 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 ( Space) "Rush Street"

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
Hi Guys, selling another Optimo. I figured I would throw this one out there before I ebay it. This one is special. Its a Mink felted "Rush Street" Rare size

Space / Midnight blue

As y'll know, Optimo makes the finest hats in the world.

I paid $1250 for this thing plus tax and ship. Its truly a one of a kind being 100 % mink felt. It is stunning in person, and he is no longer doing mink.

$799 plus ship.

PM me for more pics.
thumbnail_IMG_6433-2.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6429.jpg

61.5 or 7 11/16 this is between a 7 5/8 and a 7 3/4.
It can be sized to fit anywhere from 7 3/8 to 8.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6433-1.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6433-1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 276
  • thumbnail_IMG_6433.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6433.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 309

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hi, Oldschool! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of "meeting" you before.
I have an Optimo Gunsmoke Heirloom felt that I bought three years ago. It was my second Optimo.
The felt on it is a beaver/mink blend.
When I saw your listing I called Alexander Utz at Optimo, and asked him if Optimo ever made a 100% mink fedora, and he said they haven't...
I think I was told at the time or read somewhere that the beaver microscopic barbs are needed for felt density.
Could you be mistaken? Or is Alexander?
tapatalk_1547346464066.jpeg

oldschoolnew$$$

New in Town
you may be right. I was told this was a 100 % mink felt, and it was the only felt they sold of that sort at the time. Hat is about 6 years old ( but still mint). Maybe it does have a bit of beaver in it. I can tell you it looks and feels different than any of my others, and I have owned over 20. I'll hit graham up, he'll know whats up.

Hi, Oldschool! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of "meeting" you before.
I have an Optimo Gunsmoke Heirloom felt that I bought three years ago. It was my second Optimo.
The felt on it is a beaver/mink blend.
When I saw your listing I called Alexander Utz at Optimo, and asked him if Optimo ever made a 100% mink fedora, and he said they haven't...
I think I was told at the time or read somewhere that the beaver microscopic barbs are needed for felt density.
Could you be mistaken? Or is Alexander? View attachment 270195
What is your opinion on this blend? I have a Winchester beaver/mink.....it is okay but I won't rush out for another. It has density but is too stiff for my liking.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
you may be right. I was told this was a 100 % mink felt, and it was the only felt they sold of that sort at the time. Hat is about 6 years old ( but still mint). Maybe it does have a bit of beaver in it. I can tell you it looks and feels different than any of my others, and I have owned over 20. I'll hit graham up, he'll know whats up.
I agree. I have many Optimos, but my Gunsmoke is the only one with mink. It feels sort of... it's a stupid adjective, but... "oilier"? Softer?
Also, I think I remember Heirloom felts cost $1000 dollars when I bought mine. I am almost sure, because I was upset when they brought the price up to $1200.00

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I agree. I have many Optimos, but my Gunsmoke is the only one with mink. It feels sort of... it's a stupid adjective, but... "oilier"? Softer?
Also, I think I remember Heirloom felts cost $1000 dollars when I bought mine. I am almost sure, because I was upset when they brought the price up to $1200.00
Ah! Unctuous is the word I was thinking of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran