Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
30.jpg

Very nice. I'd like to see your little studio set up for these great pictures.

Also, help a colour blind fellow out... what colour is that ribbon?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. I'd like to see your little studio set up for these great pictures.

Also, help a colour blind fellow out... what colour is that ribbon?

Thanks, Lexy. The set is fairly simple: Seamless white paper as your backdrop, 3 studio lights (1 on each side, one above) with tungsten bulbs and white diffusers (I use umbrellas sometimes). What makes the difference is the camera. You need something good that allows you to play with shutter speeds, focus and aperture. In the picture below you can't see the ceiling lamp.

The ribbon is gray. Steel gray, I'd say.

In this picture I photographed my Optimo Oxblood

IMG_0531.jpg

Last edited:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
IMHO it's a total fraudulent listing. He has no provenance to prove Depp wore that specific hat, and it is misrepresented in both what it is and what Optimo sells them for. Anyone that bids on that hat deserves what he gets.

fedoralover

Last edited:

Mulceber

Practically Family
Man, that latest iteration of the Cagney is gorgeous! I've always liked that block on that hat. Now it's officially entering the category of "dream hat." I'd better not go anywhere near Chicago, the temptation would be too great. -M

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
At least Optimo's prices make it easy for me to exercise restraint... I'm becoming much more fond of the antique shop and E-hunt.
Sometimes I wonder whether t'would be a better idea to have one or two Optimos than my insanely growing ecclectic collection, but then I would have cultivated this collecting impulse for naught.
Still, that 42nd street in Plum kind of makes my heart skip a beat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR