Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
since we have the open road guild, & the campaign hat corps, i figured we need a Chicago South Side Mobsters. post any & all Chicago Optimo hats in here.
i shall start...
here is an "A" crown in steel gray

close up of the bow

and here is my classic brown coloured raiders hat

i have quite a few others, but i will let others post first...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids, Bruce. The Commissioner will be pleased...:D

I'm glad you started this thread, as it will be interesting to see some lids from Optimo featured here. :eusa_clap

Edit: That being said, perhaps the title should be changed to the Optimo South Side Society. A bit more civil, don't you think? ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
perhaps the title should be changed to the Optimo South Side Society. A bit more civil, don't you think? ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Hey man, those cap guys have a faction and the boaters have a brigade!
;)

Shane

New in Town
I'll Contribute

My first hat. I could not be happier with my maiden purchase.
OptimoGrey_4.jpg

OptimoGrey_1.jpg

And my straw. I have not left the house without it on my head since Memorial Day weekend.
OptimoPanama_1.jpg

OptimoPanama_2.jpg

I should have a new one in September after the new felts arrive. I was inspired by the brown hat with the rose ribbon that Art did a while back. Last time I was in the shop, Tiffany showed me quite a few lighter colored ribbons that contrasted beautifully with brown. I've got to stop talking about it now - getting too excited.

Cheers,

Shane

Reactions: DRB

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Cacklewack's Optimo we got last year when I was home. Optimo for the win!
One thing though, the bash was so perfect on the one he tried in the store because the owner himself did it. When we got his in the mail, it wasn't as perfect.
In the future he would request it be bashed by the owner himself.

Deciding between Dove Grey and what I call 'Money Green.'
newhat3.jpg

The one:
newhat4.jpg

The bash is knee-weakeningly stunning.
newhat.jpg

Shane

New in Town
AlanC said:
Very nice, Shane. What's the wpi on the Panama?

You will have to excuse my uneducated question, but how do I determine that? I know they mentioned it when I was selecting the grade, but it did not mean much to me at the time. I'd be happy to try and count it. Is it as simple as how many weaves are in a square inch?

Shane

Shane

New in Town
beaucaillou said:
Cacklewack's Optimo we got last year when I was home. Optimo for the win!
One thing though, the bash was so perfect on the one he tried in the store because the owner himself did it. When we got his in the mail, it wasn't as perfect.
In the future he would request it be bashed by the owner himself.

newhat.jpg

That hat looks wonderful on him. The hardest part about finding my first hat was finding something in stock that fit my enormous melon. They happened to have one straw in stock in 7 7/8 so I could see what brim width went well with my fat (I'm sorry, pleasantly plump) face.

Shane

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
bruce wayne said:
that money green colour is actually called mint if it is the colour i am thinking of...

I love hats with a little color. You're not going to get me into an Atlantic Blue, but I like mints and light blues far more than I like grays and browns.
If I didn't have a similar shade of hat from Art (his is called sage), I would have been tempted by a mint felt from Optimo.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
beaucaillou said:

Apparently, everything I thought I knew about women is wrong.

I'm not buying flowers for my wife anymore.
Chocolates, delicates, jewelry?
Forget it.
A new hat from Optimo.
That'll put her in the mood.

(If I ever tried such a thing, those words would be my epitaph.)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shane said:
You will have to excuse my uneducated question, but how do I determine that? I know they mentioned it when I was selecting the grade, but it did not mean much to me at the time. I'd be happy to try and count it. Is it as simple as how many weaves are in a square inch?

Yes, that's it. Post a close up with a tape measure across it, if you don't mind for our viewing pleasure. Nice hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot