Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

metropd

One Too Many
Ok, being that I am a "legitmate businessman" I will post some pictures of my Optimo.:D The color is quartz grey.

CIMG2947-1.jpg

CIMG2943-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I saw those photos of you on the OB and have been wondering if you're going to be in Classic Syle #6 when they introduce a centerfold. ;)

Great look.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I know that I started the Optimo milans thread, but that one ended up going all over the place. This seems like a more suitable home.

Here's the milan I purchased last week, which arrived in the mail yesterday.
I knew that Bruce Wayne's ribbon looked familiar.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Wonderful hat and the price of said Optimo Milan?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Milan

Very pricey but the quality and finish with the band is awesone ...like a top PB Monte...was that price on the chalk board yours or was yours bespoke?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Very pricey but the quality and finish with the band is awesone ...like a top PB Monte...was that price on the chalk board yours or was yours bespoke?

Pricey is right but, according to everything I've seen here, no one in N. America is selling genuine milan hats anymore, and vintage in a 7 1/2 is hard to come by. Plus, I had to get an Optimo as a souvenir of my trip.

I'm very happy with it, as it's quite cool. The loose weave allows for airflow, making the hat cooler than my 500wpi panama. It's a great casual alternative to the more formal looking panama. I love it with jeans, while the panama looks better with trousers.

Check out this thread for the little info. on milans that is on the Lounge.

The hat is not bespoke. It's a 7 1/2 off the shelf, but I did have it re-ribboned and my initials stamped into the sweat. There was no charge for either of those services. The hat came in a black Optimo box like the others that can be seen on the Lounge, and which I believe is probably the same brand of box used by Art.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No doubt the Milan is a stunner. I hope to get one one of these days.

It's good to see all these Optimos show up. I'd always wondered where they were. Diversity of high quality hat options is a very good thing.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Tobacco Indy (beaver/nutria blend)
104_0463-vi.jpg

Phantom Blue Indy (beaver/hare blend)
I'm thinking of having Graham turn this into something else for me.
106_0646-vi.jpg

Milan
1090956_IMG-vi.jpg

Natural Park Avenue (beaver/nutria blend)
106_0639-vi.jpg

100% beaver in Toffee.
This is the hat that everybody thinks is vintage when they see it in person. It has a feel unlike any other modern hat I have held.
112_1283-vi.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thanks, Lefty. All of these actually have threads associated with them (and lots more pictures) in the Lounge archives. In fact, there are many, many more Optimos that have threads devoted to them from around 2003-2004. Rundquist in particular has more Optimos than anybody I know, and has posted numerous pictures of them. If anybody has some time on their hands, they ought to dig them up. :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Zohar said:
100% beaver in Toffee.
This is the hat that everybody thinks is vintage when they see it in person. It has a feel unlike any other modern hat I have held.
112_1283-vi.jpg
I love this one, the binding on the brim is awesome!:eusa_clap

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Excellent finds, Lefty. Rundquist's Skyline Blue hat is one of my alltime favorites. I still have a swatch of it that I drool over occasionally. Wish I had bought one in that color.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
beaucaillou said:
Daaaaaaang, you gents have some handsome lids! Zohar: well done! What a hat shelf you have! :eusa_clap

And that's just the Optimos ;)

Thank you. I am fortunate to have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner