Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Garment Brothers

Winthorpe

New in Town
Original Garment Brothers is a Japanese vendor of leather jackets and other goods that is not well known over here at the Fedora Lounge. One of the reasons is probably the fact that he only ships domestically within Japan. I say he because OG BROS is a one-man operation run by Hiroyuki Ogawa, the former chief editor of the Daytona BROS magazine published in Japan.

He does a lot of interesting projects while sharing a great amount of details on his web site ogbros.jp. Everything from jackets to bags and wallets is done on a project basis. He comes up with a new product, tries out a prototype for some time and then shares his findings via his website. None of these products are crafted by himself. All the leather jackets are custom jackets made to his specifications by Y’2 Leather in Osaka. One of his horsehide bags was made at Stockberg, the Flat Head Leather Division. He must just have a tremendous amount of connections from his days at Daytona BROS.

Once a project is finalized he makes it available for pre-order for a limited amount time, maybe for around a month or so. Another 4-6 months later (depending on the project) the products get delivered to the pre-order customers. He does repeat certain products on a annual basis, like his leathers jackets OG-2, OG-5 and OG-12, tweaking them a little bit here and there.

I’ve been reading his write-ups for quite some time, but the available sizes for his leather jackets never worked out for me (tall, North-European build). That changed last year with him adding Size 44. In addition, he also offered changes to the sleeve length for an extra cost. So I ordered an OG-12 in Size 44 with extra sleeve length. It arrived this February at my in-laws home just outside of Tokyo and, for now, it is still there…

Here is a picture of my actual OG-12 in bright daylight (I edited out my in-laws home):

OG-12NoBackground.jpg

Winthorpe

New in Town
Ogawa-San has detailed write-ups with pictures that show how his jackets are made. Here (link) is one for the OG-12.

DSCF8462.jpg

If you were ever wondering how a french seam made by Y'2 looks like from the inside:
12seisaku_24.jpg

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Been following them on INS for a while, looks like attempting. Thanks for such detailed information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo