Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Monarch Pictures

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Just got this original Monarch sized 46 but really a 44 (as it matches my original size 44 Doniger exactly). Horsehide is superb and heavy. Only downsides are the knits, which I will be replacing, and the replaced liner which catches on the zipper (which can be fixed easy). Nice triple marked talon with art deco box and even has the original cutter tag in the pocket. Great grainy horsehide. I wanted something like this for quite a while and finally got it. Enjoy the photos.
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gorgeous Monarch

Great size to find one in too. Where did you manage to bag it?

I'd imagine it didn't come cheap, but that size and the quality of hide will more than hold its value.

I'm assuming the knits are replacements that you want to replace. If you could get some RMNZ knits sent over and then someone to pop them on, that would be ideal.

You must be well 'chuffed' (pleased/over the moon) with it!:eusa_clap

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Peacoat said:
Great pics, Greyhound; thanks for posting them.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is wrong with the knits?

The knits are very heavy and thick and have a seam which is very inaccurate. Not to mention too long.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
Great size to find one in too. Where did you manage to bag it?

I'd imagine it didn't come cheap, but that size and the quality of hide will more than hold its value.

I'm assuming the knits are replacements that you want to replace. If you could get some RMNZ knits sent over and then someone to pop them on, that would be ideal.

You must be well 'chuffed' (pleased/over the moon) with it!:eusa_clap

Paddy,
Did some serious horse tradinglol I traded two originals for it. But I am chuffed with it as well. Everytime I wear it I am amazed that this is an original it looks so nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails