Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 100 Pairs of Vintage Shoes

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Issh, you've certainly bought a lot of shoes. and given the variety of sizes i'm assuming these weren't all bought for you to wear either.

there's a pair i'm interested in, pending measurements.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Issh, you've certainly bought a lot of shoes. and given the variety of sizes i'm assuming these weren't all bought for you to wear either.

there's a pair i'm interested in, pending measurements.

hello again, my friend. With Vintage Shoes, as well with ALL vintage items, the only way to learn about them is to actually handle them with your own hands and see with your own eyes. Pics can only tell you so much about leather quality, construction, durability, etc. I always liked the pics of Vintage Shoes, but it wasn't until I actually started playing with them that I really began to appreciate the incredible quality.

ALSO, I have spent many hours learning how to properly care for and restore these beauties. My 91 year old cobbler, as well as the advice from some experienced and knowledgeable collectors has helped a lot! Can't learn without practice.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Greatest selection of prime vintage shoes ever offered on eBay IMO. Especially spectators and reptile/exotic skins. Hope it goes well for you mate!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Pleasae, please, please, put the size in the description heading.
Edit: After perusing all the listings I realize that some of the sizes are a little ambiguous, and you provide explanations. Thanks.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Madness! What a great collection of shoes. But yes, please, include the size in the caption. Would make it so much easier for buyers to find them

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Thanks all! Some of 'em are already on Loungers' feet, and it's ALWAYS best to keep things "Within The Family".

ALSO, MANY thanks for the advice about the size in the heading. What format should I use? for a 9, just put a "9" at the end of the title, for 9 1/2, put a "9.5"? Hope this doesn't sound silly, I just want to make things as easy as possible.

Adding maybe 30 pairs this weekend, so keep an eye out.

Thanks Again & Take Care!

flyfishark

Practically Family
Several of these shoes have found their way to PA. This is probably the finest selection of high-quality vintage shoes eBay has seen. Issh has skins to end all skins. When you look at the prices of his shoes, made with the best leather the world has seen (yep, no hormones, no antibiotics, out in the weather, often times grain fed), made by huge numbers of immigrant master shoemakers, they are truly inexpensive when compared with what you would pay for glued shoes today. Do yourself a favor and check these out. By the way, this is not a paid endorsement (dammit)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Isshi is da man for spectators. Guys - those shoes are unbelievable quality and design. Fly said it - made by masters of their craft. Never to be repeated in that standard of leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy