Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oviatt's Trenchcoat

YETI

A-List Customer
The Most Famous Slacks In America

GWD said:
Thank Marc and Mose!

I took Mose's advice and got this;

web.jpg

This was from a Jan 3rd 1953 L.A. Times Ad. Obviously not the same trench coat, mine was made in Italy. Nevertheless it's worth sharing.
and I own a pair!

S7301820.jpg

S7301815.jpg

S7301814.jpg

S7301821.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
I have this sort of system in a few of my coats, which are probably from the 50's.

On one side you have a tightening mechanism that is locked by flipping the metal flip on the other side. Now that you have flipped it it acts as a holder for the opposite side.

The opposite side simply has a rectangular wire shape and it locks on to the holder.

I think it could be safe when somebody pulls you hard by your belt or it grabs on to something like a car (you catch my drift) and while it does the belt will unlock.

Not only that, it's easy to take on and off.

19022010484.jpg

19022010482.jpg

Unlocked

19022010480.jpg

From the front

19022010479.jpg

And the catch / opposite side

GWD

One Too Many
sproily said:
I have this sort of system in a few of my coats, which are probably from the 50's.

On one side you have a tightening mechanism that is locked by flipping the metal flip on the other side. Now that you have flipped it it acts as a holder for the opposite side.

The opposite side simply has a rectangular wire shape and it locks on to the holder.

I think it could be safe when somebody pulls you hard by your belt or it grabs on to something like a car (you catch my drift) and while it does the belt will unlock.

Not only that, it's easy to take on and off.

And the catch / opposite side

That would be ideal if I can find one! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy