Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pajamas in public...

Edward

Bartender
Same here. I only own one pair of pants which is exceedingly uncomfortable to wear if I'm sitting for any length of time. In the winter I wear cotton stockings, which keeps me plenty warm.

I utterly despise modern aviation because of the complete disrespect it shows to the cargo. ("passenger" is too classy a word to describe the modern experience.) I'd rather travel on a boxcar full of hobos than put up with it, but sometimes there's no way to avoid the experience.

Ha..... you ever flown with a budget airline this side of the Atlantic? Conclusive proof that there will always be a market for a service no matter how poor if you simply make it cheap enough.... My experience of flying business class on various routes to Beijing has been lovely. I'm especially excited that it looks like this years' crop of trips will all be bookable with Air China (which means a direct flight with no changes or layovers). Lovely service, car provided door to door at both ends of both legs..... can't beat it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I work for a company that designs and builds commercial aircraft and WE DON'T FLY anywhere within a day's drive. It's too expensive even with the gas prices, and it's just too much of a pain. back in 2002 or 3, I had to travel from Wichita KS to Shreveport LA. I flew once and drove after that. it was 8.0 hours to fly and 8.5 hours to drive, so after that we always drove.

Later

Hi

I work for a company that designs and builds commercial aircraft and WE DON'T FLY anywhere within a day's drive. It's too expensive even with the gas prices, and it's just too much of a pain. back in 2002 or 3, I had to travel from Wichita KS to Shreveport LA. I flew once and drove after that. it was 8.0 hours to fly and 8.5 hours to drive, so after that we always drove.

Later

Holy Crimony! That is insane!
I do know that my car is much more comfortable. If it takes nearly the same time then I know which I would choose as well.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holy Crimony! That is insane!
I do know that my car is much more comfortable. If it takes nearly the same time then I know which I would choose as well.

Yep James, even without a couple of strip searches and a body cavity check, it still takes a long time. The Half hour on the road to the airport, half hour to park and get to the building, waiting in line at the ticket booth, getting TSA'ed, waiting until your flight, waiting for your connection ... It all adds up. The times are for home to work to pick up the other guy, to driving past the airport in Shreveport versus leaving home to leaving the airport in a rental car. Besides, Roadside BBQ in North Texas is much better than airline food.

Later

Yep James, even without a couple of strip searches and a body cavity check, it still takes a long time. The Half hour on the road to the airport, half hour to park and get to the building, waiting in line at the ticket booth, getting TSA'ed, waiting until your flight, waiting for your connection ... It all adds up. The times are for home to work to pick up the other guy, to driving past the airport in Shreveport versus leaving home to leaving the airport in a rental car. Besides, Roadside BBQ in North Texas is much better than airline food.

Later

Of that I am positive. :p

suits lover

A-List Customer
This article is completly insane. Wearing pyjama in public... What will be the next step? Wearing only underwear and shave all our head so we don't have to comb hair in order to save more time for surfing on facebook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points