Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hats Direct feedback and a funny cowboy hat story

MarkIsTheCleaner

New in Town
I ordered two hats.

I went with two hats from Robert. I'm getting a (subfino?) 150-200weave/sq inch Cuencano Montecristi that was blocked in el Ecuador. And I also got a Diamante Cuenca also blocked in el Ecuador, I believe. It uses a Brisa Weave. Both have Grosgrain ribbons, burgundy
and black respectively.

This thread helped me more than I can say. I can't wait to get my hats. I look on this as a starter set and it gives me some idea of the
difference in hats, styles and weaves.

I'll save up and maybe next time I'll go with a fino fino in a Habana style or in the classic (Princess) fedora style. ;-)

Thanks again.

MarkIsTheCleaner

New in Town
Sometimes I get that too with Open Roads. Maybe you guys from Texas or Arkansas can tell me--do you get more negative reaction from wearing them in places where they were common in the 40s, 50s and 60s, because they call to mind old styles, than you would get elsewhere?

I used to live in Austin for 9 years, many, many years ago. I have two Cattlemen hats, a Resistol straw and a Resistol 5X, and I got more ribbing in Texas than I do in NY. I wound up getting Resistol over Stetson because they fit better. Maybe I should have gotten a different style hat. LOL. But it could be because I'm a Yankee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav