Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama hats you don't have to baby??? Anyone?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Cuenca
cuenca2.JPG

cuencahats.jpg

Your basic intro cuenca hat. Brisa weave. NOT MONTECRISTI as the swine (My creative word of the day!) have you believe.

Montecristi Grueso

A photo of a Grueso, but this year they are in the form as shown above.
grueso.jpg

Montecristi

A good, entry-level hat.

pinchcrown.jpg

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry I'm not specific enough.

If we get 10 orders we'll ship them up. This is not a moneymaker. It is a way to get you guys some low dollar Panama hats. If 5 guys order the prices are pretty set. If more order the shipping gets combined and the prices fall heavily.

I'm looking for set orders and will place an order if at least 5 guys buy a hat. I can determing actual price then. The prices quoted above are the highest it could be....and with more orders the prices could fall.

On an unrelated note, that Cuenca sure looks a lot like Lock and Co. $300+ dollar Montecristi, doesn't it?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Great starter straw

Robert,
Are you up to 10 yet? I think these would make a nice gift. They also look nice on women!

I hope this can be done. I know this would make a good starter straw to see if you like the Montrcristi Panama hat and not have a lot of money invested in it. :cool2:

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm interested in a Montechristi, but the brim looks huge! Anything near 2 - 3/8"? I'd be flying away like Sally Field if I were to wear that one...

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Okay, note to self....think things through and write the offer one time...hahahah.

Montecristi Regular hats can take brim length requests......Ecuadorian Leather inner bands, classic black outer bands (NOT RIBBON), Balsa Wood Boxes Large $25.00, Balsa Wood boxes Small $10.00.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The Wingnut said:
I'm interested in a Montechristi, but the brim looks huge! Anything near 2 - 3/8"? I'd be flying away like Sally Field if I were to wear that one...

Crown About 4 1/8 inches to 4 1/2 inches Brim 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches. For proper proportion, larger sizes generally have wider brims than smaller sizes.

This is a standard basic Montecristi and Cuenca Panama hat. These hats are tough and look good on most anybody. :)

Canadave

One Too Many
Hey Sharpie, do you think a 2 1/2" brim would be too small for me? I like those proportions on my Dobbs 15. (Maybe a summer hat should have a bit bigger brim?)

David

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I think it would look great

I wrote about the standard normal Cuenca and Montecristi.

I have several 2 1/2 brims and I think it would be fine on you David.

I just wanted some thing different when I ordered

my Super Fino Fino I got from Robert that was a custom order and cost alot more than just a entry level hat. I got a 5 inch crown after being blocked and a 3 1/8 brim.
Here is pic again. I like it but I have smaller crowns and normal brims that I like as much..

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=943&highlight=montecristi+hat

Canadave

One Too Many

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Mine is navy blue

Canadave said:
Looks great on you Sharpie...the brim doesn't look that large. For my first Montecristi, do you think I should stick with a black ribbon?

David

Mine is a real Vintage navy blue. I'll email you a picture of a burnt orange/rust that is drop dead pretty.

The traditional ribbon seems to be black or navy. :) Mine has three fine lines in it that are woven in the ribbon the picture does not show it.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I have enough now to give it a go. WE'll make cutoff on April 1st so as not to miss anyone.

I want to add that these low dollar hats, and generally any hat we discount, are sold as is...no promises, other than what we decide on. We can't keep offering these and the other low dollar, high quality hats if people insist on returning them for cash. I feel that some people are on a try it and see basis...we just can't afford to do that with hats that we aren't making even wholesale on.

Thanks,
Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy