Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants you wear with your leather jackets

I’ve been wearing my seafarers almost exclusively through the summer. They are light weight and so easy to wear. In the late 90’s you buy a lot of 10 pair for under $40 at Belmont army Navy. Of the 7 or 8 pair I have left I only wear two, that conform to the proper US Navy spec. The difference between these and the Levi’s 684 or 646, Penny’s ranchers, etc. is the whole damn pant leg is wide, and the waist cinches down really tight, just like the wool cracker jacks.
I get loads of compliments from women on these bells and I’m sure loads of laughs from guys.
IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

abone

A-List Customer
My brother and I wore seafarers a lot back in the early 70’s. Loved the look. Couldn’t find them in Vancouver so we’d pop across the border to Bellingham to buy them.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
A little distinct from those but not by much. The super baggy 90’s pants didn’t have much shape, I had those too, hems all chewed to bits from being stepped on to death.
I still have levi's silvertab from when I listened to NKOTB :p:D I wore them in size 34 over 2 layers of boxers inside, before Jesus saved me I believed my true waist was size 33, turned out I was size 28-29 all my life...
119652194.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Wow! Forgot about that band. I never could do that baggy a jeans, (growing up on a farm and working around equipment all the time makes you appreciate a fairly close fit). But yeah, the 90's were the era of baggy...

I'm boring when it comes to pants I wear with leather jackets. Mostly jeans of many types, occasionally (if under 60F) some waxed cotton double knee work pants, and Carhartt pants. After my work dropped the "Docker's" (Corporate casual) requirement around 2019, I rarely even wear khaki's anymore.

A more recent change has been to never wear my wallet in my back pocket for any reason. (Back/Saitic health reasons). So I appreciate jeans that have deep front pockets. I have been spoiled much of the summer wearing cargo shorts and keeping the wallet in the side pockets, but that isn't common (or desirable) feature with most jeans. I found these at an REI recently but was just not quite ready to swallow the price on them just yet: https://www.fjallraven.com/us/en-us/men/trousers/trekking-trousers/vidda-pro-ventilated-trs-m?v=F87178::7323450919825

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
The talk of leather pants in another thread reminded me to take photos of my other pairs for absolutely no reason whatsoever so here they are.

Starting off with my 2nd favorite pair by Stark aus Leder, Germany based maker, one man show, that won't make you anything before meeting you in person.
I bought them used on eBay, had to have them altered twice but the result is so good I'm actually forced to sparingly wear them, fearing they might get damaged. Which is stupid of me because these pants are made from 1.6 - 1.8 mm leather, according to the maker.

20230927-165911.jpg

20230927-165915.jpg

20230927-165930.jpg

20230927-165938.jpg

You've reminded me that I've got some leather jeans hidden away. Navy blue cowhide ones, they came as a riding suit when I bought an old motorcycle jacket off eBay.

I've never worn them, although they seem to be just the right size. I'll take some pictures at done point, even though technically they're the exact opposite is what this thread's about!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
You guys got me wanting to go through totes from my university days. Most stuff was donated after several rounds of purges through the years, but there might be some stuff I hung onto for sentimental reasons, raggedy a** hems and all.

As an aside, thanks to yet another rabbit hole from this forum it's mostly selvedge denim these days.
A little distinct from those but not by much. The super baggy 90’s pants didn’t have much shape, I had those too, hems all chewed to bits from being stepped on to death.

I still have levi's silvertab from when I listened to NKOTB :p:D I wore them in size 34 over 2 layers of boxers inside, before Jesus saved me I believed my true waist was size 33, turned out I was size 28-29 all my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana