Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

parbuntal straw hats

Knox Buntal

2.1 ounces, 3 1/8" brim, crown creased to 4 1/4"... note the fringe on the 2" ribbon. It is silk. Not positive that it's original, but it is beautiful.

knoxbuntal1.jpg

knoxbuntal2.jpg

knoxbuntal3.jpg

knoxbuntal4.jpg

knoxbuntal5.jpg

knoxbuntal6.jpg

knoxbuntal7.jpg

knoxbuntal8.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I was watching the action on that one Alan and figured you got it. Not a bargain but well worth it. Congrats. I still NEED one.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
that's a beauty there Alan
great detail pics
original or not the silk fray ribbon blends in so nicely with the weave & color.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I never showed my Parabuntal in this thread. The body was among a 60 years old batch, found at Whinchester. Major Mike Moore at Buckaroo Hatters bought and blocked the batch, and I was fortunate enough to be able to buy one of the very last:

Parabuntal_1.jpg Parabuntal_3.jpg Parabuntal_2.jpg

I've seen it on other threads, but can't remember if I've mentioned how much I like. a truly excellent souvenir from your travels stateside.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thank you so much, Alan. I'm extremely pleased with this hat, myself. Love the crown (my only Optimo), love the bold flange and love the dusty green ribbon - a color, I can't catch to perfection in a pic. The ribbon was loose at this point. Mike make some ribbons "loose" (as in "un-tacked"), so they can be easily changed. That works better with some hats than others - and with this Parabuntal the ribbon kept creeping up in the front (clearly visible on the side-view). I just tacked the ribbon, as I got home, and now it's close to perfect. I won't change that ribbon for a very, very long time anyway :)

Imagine, I almost left the shop without the Parabuntal! I had already swept Mike's shelves for miscellaneous items, so he very cautiously showed me the Para - explicitly stating, that he was absolutely not trying to force anything on me. "Force" ...?!??!!! Oh my ... I simply couldn't live without it! A true gentleman, that Major! :)

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Richard :)

If you've got a nice C-crown block in 7-1/4, I would love a nice one like Alan's, John. Also the rusty brown ribbon could warm up my greyish complection and suit the bloodshot eyes :D

Mr.Astor

Banned
Ole- that ribbon color is a beaut!! What is the color's name? Also it appears to be 1 1/2" wide. is that correct? Seems like you cleared out the country on nice hat's!!! You have a good eye.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, make that: "You have a hatter with a good eye" ;)

Crown: appr. 4-1/4" (plus ridge)
Brim: 2-5/8"
Ribbon: 16''' (1-3/8" or 1-7/16")
Sweat: 1-1/2" soft black roan leather with gold stripe

I don't know the name of the color. A light dusty green is my best bid :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore